Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 1351post #13501 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:26pmExtra Crispy, of course.... LOL
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #13502 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:27pm
Thought so. I swear most hunters have the same taste buds...1 Buff Orpington Roo, 1 Rhode Island Red Roo, 3 Rhode Island Red Hens, 3 Red Sex Link Hens, 1 Welsummer Hen, 2 Unknown Crossbreed Chicks, 13 Incubating Eggs7 Dogs, Lotsa Sheep, Bunch O Bunnies1 Buff Orpington Roo, 1 Rhode Island Red Roo, 3 Rhode Island Red Hens, 3 Red Sex Link Hens, 1 Welsummer Hen, 2 Unknown Crossbreed Chicks, 13 Incubating Eggs7 Dogs, Lotsa Sheep, Bunch O Bunniespost #13503 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:29pmpost #13504 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:31pmpost #13505 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:32pmI got an LED flashlight, and a candler, and I just put my fingers in a circle around the flashlight and use it, and it works about 2 times better than my candler. You can see so much more. There went 20 bucks for the candler, 3 bucks for the led flashlight....1 Buff Orpington Roo, 1 Rhode Island Red Roo, 3 Rhode Island Red Hens, 3 Red Sex Link Hens, 1 Welsummer Hen, 2 Unknown Crossbreed Chicks, 13 Incubating Eggs7 Dogs, Lotsa Sheep, Bunch O Bunnies7 Dogs, Lotsa Sheep, Bunch O Bunniespost #13506 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:33pmQuote:
Yep. That's why I use the LED on my iPhone to candle.post #13507 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:36pmQuote:
lots of luckbe careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .be careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .post #13508 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:36pm
Returning candler tomorrow. What a waste.7 Dogs, Lotsa Sheep, Bunch O Bunnies7 Dogs, Lotsa Sheep, Bunch O Bunniespost #13509 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:39pmSo I'm gonna candle my Serama eggs tomorrow when both batches are on day 7 and 8. I candled on day 4 and it seemed like I had a lot of clears from my shipped eggs 😔
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 15 Seramas, 1 duccles, 10 layer birds! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we are NPIP certified!post #13510 of 15763112/15/15 at 7:41pmQuote:Glad your two are doing better!Originally Posted by RoxysAnimals
To anyone that bothers to read this:
I had two hens with big bloody spots on their backs, put them into confinement together, the spots are both black now and they have moved back in with the rest of the chickens. We also have two younger chicks, broody raised, probably almost a month old now, one is DEFINENTLY a Roo, because he is much bigger than the other one, who just started to grow a comb, just barely, where his is already pretty big. They moved in two nights ago in a confined cage, let them and momma out today, chicks got pecked on a bit but are roosting on the tiny roosting bar! We have a slope with 3 bars on it, the upper two being large bars, the lowest one, which is about 4 inches off the ground, they are roosting on. Happy that the new coop is suitable for chicks too.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › shed for ducks 1 minute ago
- › Injured beak 1 minute ago
- › You know you love your chickens when... 1 minute ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 1 minute ago
- › Horse Talk 1 minute ago
- › The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum 2 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 2 minutes ago
- › Age of Hens - Best Age Before Hatching Their Eggs 3 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 3 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page