Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 1629post #16282 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:48pmQuote:Thanks!Originally Posted by kwhites634Quote:I'm way behind cause I bailed early last night so I could go deer hunting this morning, but wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I'd like to see you go with the PVC feeder. It's super easy to build, and relatively cheap. The only thing I did differently from what you'll find on the "Show me your feeders" thread is to use 4" PVC instead of 3". I didn't take the parts list to the store when I bought them, and mistakenly bought 4" instead of 3". As it turned out, I'm glad I made the mistake; it holds more feed and is easier to fill (I can use a larger feed scoop). I should have gone with a shorter upright cause I have to stand on tiptoes to fill it, but that's easily rectified.
I hung mine inside a covered run, with the opening facing away from the prevailing wind, and the feeds never gotten wet in the 3-4 months it's been in use.
And there you have my 2 cents worth...enjoy.Quote:
Not me...post #16283 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:48pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #16284 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:49pmpost #16285 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:50pmQuote:
When I start hatching it might hit warp 5.........post #16286 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:58pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by RoxysAnimals
I feel like I'm seriously gonna die. I woke up, looked at my incubator, and the lid was popped off to the left three inches. The eggs are cold, though I know it's the embryo that matters, but I JUST noticed. Not like that last night at 3:00 am, it's 10 am now.... So, who thinks they're dead? I'll candle in a couple hours when the egg temp regulates.
Roxy you have temps stable now I assume
Hi Billy @rIrs roostQuote:
YOU GOT HER!!!! YAYAYAYYAAA @Cynthia12Quote:Originally Posted by Gypsi
I have 5 living chicks after a temperature spike caused me to change my 15 watt bulb, and what I thought was an 11 watt turned out to be a 25. I went to bee club last monday and came home to find my homemade incubator at 113 degrees. of 18 eggs 6 hatched, probably the ones at the outer perimeter during the spike.
I am getting another dozen eggs. I need a thermostat that isn't hardwired to a light, but that I can plug a light into? or will I have to hardwire it. I built a larger incubator for the eggs, finished on Thursday, just in time for the first pips. 2 fixtures, 15 watt in one 11 watt in the other. Vents at the bottom to help manage excess humidity. anyway, does anyone know where I can find the right thermostat?
see the coolerbator link in my signature it shows the typesQuote:Originally Posted by Bejammie
14 hatched, including egg yolk chick who seems pretty normal so far, just not a big belly since he didn't absorb the yolk.
No more external pips that I can tell. I doubt I'll have any more pip, but I'm leaving them in anyway till Tuesday probably. Everyone else seems norMal and healthy so far.
So glad bj, I was so worried, you can complain for 14 !! and glad the yolker is still doing good.post #16287 of 15763112/20/15 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #16288 of 15763112/20/15 at 2:01pmpost #16289 of 15763112/20/15 at 2:01pmThread Starter
what up billy? Whats goin on at Grannys ?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So! 16 seconds ago
- › mean chickens 45 seconds ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Attacked By Owl!!!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › New York BYC members thread 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › Show me your coolest edited Poultry pics!... 2 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 4 minutes ago
- › California - Northern 5 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.