Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 7:28 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 1629post #16282 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:48pmQuote:Thanks!Originally Posted by kwhites634Quote:I'm way behind cause I bailed early last night so I could go deer hunting this morning, but wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I'd like to see you go with the PVC feeder. It's super easy to build, and relatively cheap. The only thing I did differently from what you'll find on the "Show me your feeders" thread is to use 4" PVC instead of 3". I didn't take the parts list to the store when I bought them, and mistakenly bought 4" instead of 3". As it turned out, I'm glad I made the mistake; it holds more feed and is easier to fill (I can use a larger feed scoop). I should have gone with a shorter upright cause I have to stand on tiptoes to fill it, but that's easily rectified.
I hung mine inside a covered run, with the opening facing away from the prevailing wind, and the feeds never gotten wet in the 3-4 months it's been in use.
And there you have my 2 cents worth...enjoy.Quote:
Not me...post #16283 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:48pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #16284 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:49pmpost #16285 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:50pmQuote:
When I start hatching it might hit warp 5.........post #16286 of 15763112/20/15 at 1:58pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by RoxysAnimals
I feel like I'm seriously gonna die. I woke up, looked at my incubator, and the lid was popped off to the left three inches. The eggs are cold, though I know it's the embryo that matters, but I JUST noticed. Not like that last night at 3:00 am, it's 10 am now.... So, who thinks they're dead? I'll candle in a couple hours when the egg temp regulates.
Roxy you have temps stable now I assume
Hi Billy @rIrs roostQuote:
YOU GOT HER!!!! YAYAYAYYAAA @Cynthia12Quote:Originally Posted by Gypsi
I have 5 living chicks after a temperature spike caused me to change my 15 watt bulb, and what I thought was an 11 watt turned out to be a 25. I went to bee club last monday and came home to find my homemade incubator at 113 degrees. of 18 eggs 6 hatched, probably the ones at the outer perimeter during the spike.
I am getting another dozen eggs. I need a thermostat that isn't hardwired to a light, but that I can plug a light into? or will I have to hardwire it. I built a larger incubator for the eggs, finished on Thursday, just in time for the first pips. 2 fixtures, 15 watt in one 11 watt in the other. Vents at the bottom to help manage excess humidity. anyway, does anyone know where I can find the right thermostat?
see the coolerbator link in my signature it shows the typesQuote:Originally Posted by Bejammie
14 hatched, including egg yolk chick who seems pretty normal so far, just not a big belly since he didn't absorb the yolk.
No more external pips that I can tell. I doubt I'll have any more pip, but I'm leaving them in anyway till Tuesday probably. Everyone else seems norMal and healthy so far.
So glad bj, I was so worried, you can complain for 14 !! and glad the yolker is still doing good.post #16287 of 15763112/20/15 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #16288 of 15763112/20/15 at 2:01pmpost #16289 of 15763112/20/15 at 2:01pmThread Starter
what up billy? Whats goin on at Grannys ?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Black copper Marian's chick color?? 13 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 31 seconds ago
- › *Death Lurks at Night* A Fantasy RP 34 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 54 seconds ago
- › Chicken with flystrike! 1 minute ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › is 11-5 National hug a Chicken Day? 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › New chicks what are they silkies or Cochins? 1 minute ago
- › Americano Blue's musher/mushing chat thread 2 minutes ago
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...