Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 179
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1782 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:25pm
chicken hawk, just something I've done for a long time. I get everything ready for them in the bator the night before, ( kitchen liner, lines drawn, and set them the way I want them) and don't turn in the morning. All I do on day 18 is work at getting my humidity where I want it.Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #1783 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:28pm
What?! So if I edit a post because of an atrocious spelling error, or incorrect information, it comes back to the original after 2 weeks?!Quote:JEALOUS!!! I keep hoping for a grey egg layer. Hopefully someone with some time and land on their hands can start a grey egg breeding project! I can only hope, as I would buy some for sure!
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greeting
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #1784 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:32pmpost #1785 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:36pmpost #1786 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:37pmQuote:
Oh so sorryQuote:Originally Posted by hippiestink
Thank you everyone for the well-wishes. We talked with my mother today and confirmed we're okay. Our government is doing a widescale sweep of all the Brussels no-go zones, no one in or out of those neighborhoods with suspected terrorist cells. Paris has everyone on high alert now, no one wants a repeat in their countries.
I've been to Brussels and Paris. So sad. We're all praying.Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #1787 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:50pmpost #1788 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:52pm
That is awesome. I have two buff orp that lay pink eggs (lots of bloom) and I'm thinking of trying to hatch lavender egg layers from them, but I don't know if lots of bloom is an inheritable trait.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #1789 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:56pm@Sally Sunshine
So sorry about your little buff girl. As for the Amerucauna imposters I should've known something was up when I met with the person to buy 12 Amerucauna eggs and there were only 3 blue ones and the rest were brown or white and filthy. Plus there were only 11 chicken eggs, they had a duck egg in there too. I told the guy no way, I'll pay $2.00 for the 3 blue eggs but that's it, and he said $1.00 would be fine. I'll just search on here when I am looking for anything other than mixes from now on.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy too
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 2 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 3 minutes ago
- › Oregano oil for chickens 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sexing polish chick 4 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 4 minutes ago
- › Deer feed plot seed... 5 minutes ago
- › Feeding Oatmeal - Would you consider it "healthy" or "okay" to feed? 7 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 9 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.