Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 179post #1782 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:25pm
chicken hawk, just something I've done for a long time. I get everything ready for them in the bator the night before, ( kitchen liner, lines drawn, and set them the way I want them) and don't turn in the morning. All I do on day 18 is work at getting my humidity where I want it.Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #1783 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:28pm
What?! So if I edit a post because of an atrocious spelling error, or incorrect information, it comes back to the original after 2 weeks?!Quote:JEALOUS!!! I keep hoping for a grey egg layer. Hopefully someone with some time and land on their hands can start a grey egg breeding project! I can only hope, as I would buy some for sure!
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greeting
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #1784 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:32pmpost #1785 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:36pmpost #1786 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:37pmQuote:
Oh so sorryQuote:Originally Posted by hippiestink
Thank you everyone for the well-wishes. We talked with my mother today and confirmed we're okay. Our government is doing a widescale sweep of all the Brussels no-go zones, no one in or out of those neighborhoods with suspected terrorist cells. Paris has everyone on high alert now, no one wants a repeat in their countries.
I've been to Brussels and Paris. So sad. We're all praying.Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #1787 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:50pmpost #1788 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:52pm
That is awesome. I have two buff orp that lay pink eggs (lots of bloom) and I'm thinking of trying to hatch lavender egg layers from them, but I don't know if lots of bloom is an inheritable trait.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #1789 of 15763111/14/15 at 4:56pm@Sally Sunshine
So sorry about your little buff girl. As for the Amerucauna imposters I should've known something was up when I met with the person to buy 12 Amerucauna eggs and there were only 3 blue ones and the rest were brown or white and filthy. Plus there were only 11 chicken eggs, they had a duck egg in there too. I told the guy no way, I'll pay $2.00 for the 3 blue eggs but that's it, and he said $1.00 would be fine. I'll just search on here when I am looking for anything other than mixes from now on.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy too
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So! 7 seconds ago
- › How to best deal with backyard chickens in the cold weather??? 15 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 43 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 1 minute ago
- › Winter care for my Muscovy and Indian runner mix 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Chickens not laying eggs for long time 2 minutes ago
- › Anime Chat Thread 2016! All Are Welcome! 2 minutes ago
- › The Q&A Game! 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~