Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 250post #2491 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:09pmI have about two and a half hours till dark,so they will be fine
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2492 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:15pmpost #2493 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:17pmpost #2494 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:21pmQuote:
Hope it rained out some more before it got to you .We're on the back side now still some rain and very cloudy also colder . not that strange for Tn. I've seen it a lot stranger . this one sat just west of the big river longer than I wanted it to . not that bad lot of wind and rain wind being the worst 40 mile an hour gusts.be careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .be careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .post #2495 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:25pm
They are SO cute!! Gotta love the enabling that goes on around here ;-)We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!post #2496 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:27pmpost #2497 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:29pmQuote:If not that, what about water pan waterers? Would that work in the same way?Originally Posted by kwhites634
Don't know whether this would work or not, but perhaps it will get someone's creative juices going:
As I mentioned to Sally a couple days ago, when I was breeding bird dogs we always tried for winter litters. One of the dog supply houses started marketing eletric "nest warmers" (for lack of the proper name...been a lot of years since those days). Anyhow, it was a shallow pan, similar to a wok, that was set into a hole in the floor of the dog box. The idea, obviously, was for the dog to whelp her pups in the heated pan. The power cord was routed outside the box and (in my case, anyway) plugged into a heavy duty exterior extension cord.
I don't know if these, or something similar, are still made, or if they are/were available in smaller sizes, but they may be worth checking out for those in colder climates.post #2498 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:29pmQuote:
THEY WILL BE FINE want me to say it again . any time on the 18th day . btw liked the picture you posted . of the egg. MSU has a really good egg development page . not good at transferring stuff so look it up .be careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .post #2499 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:29pmpost #2500 of 15763111/18/15 at 1:32pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Help - need coop critique and winter prep 4 seconds ago
- › Boys or girls??? 48 seconds ago
- › The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!! 52 seconds ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 59 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (Chat Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale