now 15 are out they are screaming to each other, "get out of there we are hungry you fools" in a Mr. T accent!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 10:44 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 8:42 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 263
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2622 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:15amThread Starter
ok going back to read nowpost #2623 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
that egg I dropped internally pipped!!! how it did I have no freaking clue!!!
I didnt even notice it until I went to upload an image this morning for you all to show what started to hatch!
and little lucas and I sat and watched it for about 20 minutes and I thought the thing may have been trying to zip aroung but was not getting footing and was just breaking the shell into bits and pieces so I took the top off the rest of the way and look!!!!!!! where I had dropped the little booger!!! HE IS FINE AND PIPPED!!! and looks like only a bit to absorb and pretty active and chirping.
He aint got much shell around him so, pray he finishes up fast like he others! (ps thats NOT is top sitting there, his backside and top was busted to pcs day 18)
Hatching has seriously begun I think 14 or so are out, luke counted lol.....
even 2 serama have hatched but who knows when hen set on thempost #2624 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:16amThread Starter
Mornin Peep whatcha up to this day? its rainin boogers this day !!! icky outside for sure!!post #2625 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:36ampost #2626 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:38amThread StarterQuote:
thats gonna be one spoiled chicken fer sure @cliffoco
one from under hen two are hatching out of 4, not sure how many will hatch under the dry bator conditions, but the others I think I had only 17 in at day 7 candle (I have fert issues and then I left the light bulbs unscrewed after that same day candle, so I put more in a few days later, will check them again for fertility and see what happens as we cleaned coops and switched roos agaim. we are also marking eggs from each pen, for next set.Quote:
omg are you serious? lol I was hiding under the table when you and ron were discussing houring your hatches lol
I seriously throw my eggs in the bator and dont overthink them much, I am pretty sure your at the same place I am at this stage in the game as well sorta like making pie dough after so many years.Quote:
NUK !!!! EEEEEKKKKKQuote:
Hey there! @deserteggs22
did you find the links in the original post? after you have a look at what we had discussed and the links, let us know what you come up with!!! Or if you have any questions too! The updates are gonna be here at this link, and the link will be kept in the OP (original post from the thread) lotta good stuff in this post! Great people too!
UPDATE: INCUBATING w/FRIENDS!
Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational
POST LINKS from this thread SEE:Quote:Originally Posted by karenerwin
Mine also went into lockdown tonight! I put all 10 of them in. I haven't been able to see through the 5 blue ones much at all the 2 times (including tonight) that I candled. The 4 green ones looked good the first time I candled, but tonight I couldn't really see anything ( other than darkness & air sac). I also have 1 brown one in lock down. Have heard any chirping, but I don't see any internal pips yet either. I won't touch them again until after day 23 or so. Hopefully they'll all hatch by day 21, so I won't have to worry. Only time will tell.
Good luck everyone that is going into lockdown!
Good Luck!!!!! @karenerwin
@youngchooklover look at the lil peeper!!! How are you????
OMG CH!!Quote:Originally Posted by Lamancha
Wow, I miss a couple days and I'm behind 700 posts:barnie
I'm no quitter though so I just spent 2 hours catching up. Just picked up 14 little Swedish Flower Hen babies at the post office this morning from GFF. (Bad moment of weakness. I had never even heard of them, long story...) hahaha
Good luck to everyone who is in lockdown!
WOW GFF!!! they dont exist unless we see pics!!!!
I was wondering where you were!!!!Quote:
Whats going on with electric? did you figure it out?
what in the world!!!post #2627 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:39amThread StarterQuote:
Morning CH, what you got planned for today?post #2628 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:40ampost #2629 of 15763111/19/15 at 3:40am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Silkie thread! 5 seconds ago
- › Hens aren't eating layer feed 44 seconds ago
- › Just Joined From GA 48 seconds ago
- › Hen sitting on fertile eggs but only at night 1 minute ago
- › Anything Art :) 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Mixing feeds 3 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 3 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page