- Beak Brokers
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 268post #2671 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:12amDay 7 today. Will be doing a full candle tonight after kids go down to sleep.Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!post #2672 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:21amThread StarterQuote:post #2673 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:42amI needed to get into the bator today to refill the water wells I only filled the one large center well at first and was having trouble getting my humidity up to mid 40's. I took the time to candle the eggs to mark the air sac since i was I was in there. So today is day 4 and I can very clearly see veins in 11 of the 32 I have sent! I can't see through some of the dark shells (with out getting to invasive). I figure since I candled them today, I'll leave them until after Thanksgiving so I can tell for sure the growth! There are babies growing!!!!post #2674 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:44ampost #2675 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:50amQuote:Sally, I'm here and thank you for the invitation:) We are still incubating quail eggs-31 eggs in the bator as we speak. Almost due. Hatch date is the 23rd:) Woohoo!Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
UPDATE: INCUBATING w/FRIENDS!
Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational
POST LINKS from this thread SEE:INCUBATING w/FRIENDS!A place to Hatch, Learn, Chat,& Meet new Friends!When I came back to BYC after an illness I wasnt quite sure where to go, I wasnt sure where all my friends were hanging out or even where to look for everyone! It was then I decided to start the Halloween hatchalong. It was a very fun time! I found quite a few of my friends, but certainly not all of them! As the Halloween HAL closed I wanted a place for everyone to go to continue to get the support they need and for the friends to keep gathering. FEEL FREE to Invite anyone you wish, even if they just want to learn about incubation chat and support each other.And heck, we may just have a few contests along our journeys just for fun!So Welcome to our thread,The thread of FRIENDS!WE SERIOUSLY INVITE SEASONED HATCHERSTO HELP OUT NEW HATCHERS, PLEASE PLEASE JOIN US,whether you are incubating at this time or not.
"BE NICE OR LEAVE"
is our motto here
ALL BYC RULES APPLY ON THIS THREAD,Places to look for HELP…
Diagnosing incubation problems Diagnosing hatch failures - It starts with the egg Causes of malpositions & deformities in chicks
post #2676 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:50ampost #2677 of 15763111/19/15 at 9:36ampost #2678 of 15763111/19/15 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ambe0487
I needed to get into the bator today to refill the water wells I only filled the one large center well at first and was having trouble getting my humidity up to mid 40's. I took the time to candle the eggs to mark the air sac since i was I was in there. So today is day 4 and I can very clearly see veins in 11 of the 32 I have sent! I can't see through some of the dark shells (with out getting to invasive). I figure since I candled them today, I'll leave them until after Thanksgiving so I can tell for sure the growth! There are babies growing!!!!
Awesome!!post #2679 of 15763111/19/15 at 10:14ampost #2680 of 15763111/19/15 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
Just got back, my girl sure is sad about her surgery! poor dog! Vet said good timing she was coming into heat! She is resting in a kennel I put in my bedroom so she wont jump on the bed. She is a bit perturbed at me, but she wouldn't be the first one. its for her own good. She had two great litters for us!
Awww, rest easy. I hope she has a speedy recovery and doesn't need the cone of shame.
Edited by mlm Mike - 11/19/15 at 10:23am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Vermont 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 6 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 13 minutes ago
- › BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win! 18 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 23 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 29 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 32 minutes ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 35 minutes ago
- › New and need to make pen 38 minutes ago
- › Coturnix-Pics 48 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page