- Beak Brokers
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 268post #2671 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:12amDay 7 today. Will be doing a full candle tonight after kids go down to sleep.Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2672 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:21amThread StarterQuote:post #2673 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:42amI needed to get into the bator today to refill the water wells I only filled the one large center well at first and was having trouble getting my humidity up to mid 40's. I took the time to candle the eggs to mark the air sac since i was I was in there. So today is day 4 and I can very clearly see veins in 11 of the 32 I have sent! I can't see through some of the dark shells (with out getting to invasive). I figure since I candled them today, I'll leave them until after Thanksgiving so I can tell for sure the growth! There are babies growing!!!!post #2674 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:44ampost #2675 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:50amQuote:Sally, I'm here and thank you for the invitation:) We are still incubating quail eggs-31 eggs in the bator as we speak. Almost due. Hatch date is the 23rd:) Woohoo!Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
UPDATE: INCUBATING w/FRIENDS!
Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational
POST LINKS from this thread SEE:INCUBATING w/FRIENDS!A place to Hatch, Learn, Chat,& Meet new Friends!When I came back to BYC after an illness I wasnt quite sure where to go, I wasnt sure where all my friends were hanging out or even where to look for everyone! It was then I decided to start the Halloween hatchalong. It was a very fun time! I found quite a few of my friends, but certainly not all of them! As the Halloween HAL closed I wanted a place for everyone to go to continue to get the support they need and for the friends to keep gathering. FEEL FREE to Invite anyone you wish, even if they just want to learn about incubation chat and support each other.And heck, we may just have a few contests along our journeys just for fun!So Welcome to our thread,The thread of FRIENDS!WE SERIOUSLY INVITE SEASONED HATCHERSTO HELP OUT NEW HATCHERS, PLEASE PLEASE JOIN US,whether you are incubating at this time or not.
"BE NICE OR LEAVE"
is our motto here
ALL BYC RULES APPLY ON THIS THREAD,Places to look for HELP…
Diagnosing incubation problems Diagnosing hatch failures - It starts with the egg Causes of malpositions & deformities in chicks
post #2676 of 15763111/19/15 at 8:50ampost #2677 of 15763111/19/15 at 9:36ampost #2678 of 15763111/19/15 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by ambe0487
I needed to get into the bator today to refill the water wells I only filled the one large center well at first and was having trouble getting my humidity up to mid 40's. I took the time to candle the eggs to mark the air sac since i was I was in there. So today is day 4 and I can very clearly see veins in 11 of the 32 I have sent! I can't see through some of the dark shells (with out getting to invasive). I figure since I candled them today, I'll leave them until after Thanksgiving so I can tell for sure the growth! There are babies growing!!!!
Awesome!!post #2679 of 15763111/19/15 at 10:14ampost #2680 of 15763111/19/15 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
Just got back, my girl sure is sad about her surgery! poor dog! Vet said good timing she was coming into heat! She is resting in a kennel I put in my bedroom so she wont jump on the bed. She is a bit perturbed at me, but she wouldn't be the first one. its for her own good. She had two great litters for us!
Awww, rest easy. I hope she has a speedy recovery and doesn't need the cone of shame.
Edited by mlm Mike - 11/19/15 at 10:23am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › The Old Folks Home 29 seconds ago
- › 2 y o sexlink not laying 5 minutes ago
- › Sop 5 minutes ago
- › Cornish Contest!! 8 minutes ago
- › A wool hen - creating one today 8 minutes ago
- › Silkie hatching 9 minutes ago
- › Tree trunks safe? 10 minutes ago
- › temperature - shipped eggs 10 minutes ago
- › Melancholy 11 minutes ago
- › Chickens Crop 11 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.