Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:09 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 288
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2872 of 15763111/20/15 at 8:27amQuote:
Oh gosh, so cute!Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #2873 of 15763111/20/15 at 8:32amQuote:
I see a fuzzy leg on that back right one! Eeeeee!! Very cute!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #2874 of 15763111/20/15 at 8:41ampost #2875 of 15763111/20/15 at 8:46amThread Starter
yes!!! piggy pictures!!!! loving those chicks!!!
come on chickies lets get this hatch goin!!!!!post #2876 of 15763111/20/15 at 9:36ampost #2877 of 15763111/20/15 at 9:49ampost #2878 of 15763111/20/15 at 9:51am
Congratulations on pips, and babies! I have three this morning!
One more pipped, and one that hasn't pipped yet. But, I took a quick peek last night, those blood vessels were still very large, and it's the smallest egg.
Photos later, DH is anxious to take me out and about. Hoping for another baby when I get back. Oh, one of mine now looks like a splash! I love me a splash. Mama would be cochin bantam, and dad the frizzle silkie.Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #2879 of 15763111/20/15 at 10:02am
My guess is that it will be the middle of the night that you'll get pips. Your temps cooled down each night so maybe your chicks will be off by a day or so. You'll get some hatchers, I'm sure.
I'm having a worrisome chicken day. I'm trying not to google my way into a panic. I'm integrating some new birds - tough to do. Also, I have an 8-week old chick that is failing to thrive. It's decision time for her and that makes me sad. Her hatch mates were going to be given away, but now I'm not sure. I have to remind myself that there might not be a perfect solution to my flock right now and I can be patient and let things pan out.
Good luck CHICK hatchers!!!!I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.post #2880 of 15763111/20/15 at 10:11am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 8 seconds ago
- › Type of Rooster? 3 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 4 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 5 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 5 minutes ago
- › Winter is almost here!! Share your tips and tricks for coping the... 10 minutes ago
- › Best incubater to use 10 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 11 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 11 minutes ago
- › Duck eggs 14 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.