Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 12:54 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 293post #2921 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:24pmOk I went in to check, my temp is 97? I guess because I added so much water this morning.....I hope it wasnt low all day?!?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2922 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:29pmpost #2923 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:33pmpost #2924 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:34pmpost #2925 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:34pmpost #2926 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:36pmpost #2927 of 15763111/20/15 at 1:58pmAlso, I have never dropped temperatures at any time through incubation. I run 3 cabinets that are set electronically to 99.5 and verified with traceable thermometers. The cabinets are only for days 0-18 and typically no added humidity. I run 5 smaller hatchers at 99.5 and 65% humidity for lockdowns. I also run 3 Genesis 1588's for overflow hatching at 99.5 and 65% humidity. I never change this up unless there is an emergency, like I had in one of the cabinets this week. I can also say I run well over 90% hatch rate and consistently over 95%.
I urge you guys that have wafer style or water heater thermostats to NOT mess with temperature through the incubation period. I can not stress this enough especially newbies.
Edited by fire370 - 11/20/15 at 2:00pmpost #2928 of 15763111/20/15 at 2:04pmThread Starterpost #2929 of 15763111/20/15 at 2:05pmThread StarterQuote:
your ok yetpost #2930 of 15763111/20/15 at 2:07pmThread StarterQuote:
you have them with you, do what you think they need edit to add.... you been with us plenty now, you seen the whats whys and hows
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 11/20/15 at 2:07pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 796 Active Users (52 Members and 744 Guests)
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 8 minutes ago
- › Question. Fans affect humidity and Hatching? 9 minutes ago
- › Lump in crop PLEASE HELP! 12 minutes ago
- › Is this egg fertile? 13 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 14 minutes ago
- › How do i know if my chickens have worms? 28 minutes ago
- › The last letter Game 28 minutes ago
- › Anime Chat Thread 2016! All Are Welcome! 39 minutes ago
- › d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics! 41 minutes ago
- › Is this a young lady? 47 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.