Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:13 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:08 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 3171post #31701 of 1576311/12/16 at 5:59amGood morning all!! And thanks for the congrats and nominations!
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #31702 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:08amgood morning!
Congrats to all the award winners!!
I'm 4 days behind here 😧 Yikes!! Looks like I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!post #31703 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:16am
Morning and Congratulations!post #31704 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by gotro17
Ugh 😔😔😔 Darn HAL...got me all over fired up and clearly over zealous. I did read Sally's 101...a few times. Believe it or not, it is very difficult to find good breeders (at least of what we want), that have good diversity, near us here. I am in a very unique place in the suburbs of Los Angeles. We are zoned for chickens, roosters included. Not many can say that here. If any of you have kept up with poor @Jessimom and her story, but, she is on 2 acres (also super unusual for the burbs here!) and not zoned for chickens. I was/am hoping to hatch some nice chicks, from good stock, to liven things up around here. I scoured clubs and the Southern California thread with no luck. Shipped eggs seemed to be my only option. Sigh... Maybe my coffee that's ready will help. 💃👍
The spring should unleash the local breeders, at least that's what I'm banking on. And poultry shows.post #31705 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:18ampost #31706 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:18ampost #31707 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:19amQuote:
That's good, you feeling 100% yet?post #31708 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:20ampost #31709 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:21ampost #31710 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:21amQuote:
That's good. You're welcome.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1471 Active Users (166 Members and 1305 Guests)
- › About time I inderduce myself! 8 seconds ago
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 2 minutes ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 2 minutes ago
- › Emu breeders in AZ? 2 minutes ago
- › Anything Art :) 3 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Hands on hatching and help 4 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 6 minutes ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 6 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.