Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:18 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 3171post #31701 of 1576311/12/16 at 5:59amGood morning all!! And thanks for the congrats and nominations!post #31702 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:08amgood morning!
Congrats to all the award winners!!
I'm 4 days behind here 😧 Yikes!! Looks like I've got a lot of reading to catch up on!!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!post #31703 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:16am
Morning and Congratulations!post #31704 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by gotro17
Ugh 😔😔😔 Darn HAL...got me all over fired up and clearly over zealous. I did read Sally's 101...a few times. Believe it or not, it is very difficult to find good breeders (at least of what we want), that have good diversity, near us here. I am in a very unique place in the suburbs of Los Angeles. We are zoned for chickens, roosters included. Not many can say that here. If any of you have kept up with poor @Jessimom and her story, but, she is on 2 acres (also super unusual for the burbs here!) and not zoned for chickens. I was/am hoping to hatch some nice chicks, from good stock, to liven things up around here. I scoured clubs and the Southern California thread with no luck. Shipped eggs seemed to be my only option. Sigh... Maybe my coffee that's ready will help. 💃👍
The spring should unleash the local breeders, at least that's what I'm banking on. And poultry shows.post #31705 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:18ampost #31706 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:18ampost #31707 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:19amQuote:
That's good, you feeling 100% yet?post #31708 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:20ampost #31709 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:21ampost #31710 of 1576311/12/16 at 6:21amQuote:
That's good. You're welcome.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1229 Active Users (113 Members and 1116 Guests)
- › *The Verge of War* A Medieval Rp 41 seconds ago
- › Lixotinic not for chickens? 1 minute ago
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 1 minute ago
- › What should I get???? 2 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 2 minutes ago
- › Lets count to a million 3 minutes ago
- › YO GEORGIANS! :) 3 minutes ago
- › Coming here to get started with chickens... starting with breed advice 3 minutes ago
- › Keep a word, drop a word! 4 minutes ago
- › FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them? 7 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.