Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 329
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #3282 of 15763111/21/15 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cynthia12
Well, went to my friends funeral today. It was nice. They had the perfect outfit on her. Her favorite colors, the maroons and tan, and dark blue, very nice. Such a shock for every one. Found out that they had done a stress test on her for her heart just two weeks ago..said...every thing looks good. Nope.
Not sure what that hubby is going to do. She did everything for him, everything.
Very sad 😥post #3283 of 15763111/21/15 at 3:56pmThread Starter
whAT I always do CH crack fun! you know me best by now son!!! Look at that eggie!!! TOLD YOU that you got this!!
Now tell me what you were doin? you were having supper werent ya?
I made the kids burgers!post #3284 of 15763111/21/15 at 3:58pmThread Starter
Hubs is gonna be mighty PO'd when I am done borrowing his tablet, its getting pretty sticky and dirty about now, being attached to my hip, its about cleaned the toilet, mopped the floors, cleaned up doggie poop, and well you get the idea, but I am starting to like its traveling capabilities!post #3285 of 15763111/21/15 at 4:06pm
It's only day 5, but I just had to know if any progress is being made. I only took one egg out to candle, and it looks like I've got at least one viable embryo... yay! Will candle all of them on Monday evening (day 7) and mark air cells on the good ones.
Jack of all trades... master of none. I know a little about everything... and a lot about nothing. I is what I are...
3 Production Reds - 1 Red Sexlink - 1 Brown Leghorn - 7 Barred Plymouth Rocks - 12 Standard Single Comb Rhode Island Reds - and - 1 Standard Rose Comb Rhode Island Redpost #3286 of 15763111/21/15 at 4:07pmpost #3287 of 15763111/21/15 at 4:08pmThread StarterQuote:
thats a cool candle you can see out and in and congrats!!!!post #3288 of 15763111/21/15 at 4:13pmpost #3289 of 15763111/21/15 at 4:13pmIf, and that's a big if, I can 'accidentally' misplace a few eggs in the bator when my wife is not looking, I will be joining the nye hatch along !
I just keep telling her that in order to improve, I must keep practicing!
It has worked so far. Lol.post #3290 of 15763111/21/15 at 4:15pmQuote:
Thanks, Sally! When I first turned on the IncuBright, it didn't seem very bright when I shined it around in a dark room. These BPR eggs are a light brown, and that may have something to do with the detail. Speaking of detail, the picture isn't nearly as sharp as what I saw in person. It would probably work much better on a white egg...
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › how to tell a rooster from a hen 59 seconds ago
- › Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 minutes ago
- › Anything Art :) 3 minutes ago
- › Chicken lethargic and not acting normal 4 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 4 minutes ago
- › Can a chicken lay a random speckled egg? 6 minutes ago
- › How long to leave hen in broody breaker... 7 minutes ago
- › Call Duck Drake Flew Away?? 7 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...