Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 338post #3372 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:13pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
OK I got a PM for help that may be heading over so HEADS UP in case u see her post
nt know what this and if it is bad or not plz help
flame did you get it cleared is she peeping or breathing? it looks yellowish like the yolk may have broken?post #3373 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:15pmpost #3374 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:15pm
Man, they are going to pop out like pop corn when they start!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #3375 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:17pmpost #3376 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:19pmpost #3377 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:20pmThread Starter
but you have it cleared and could you see a little beak in there?post #3378 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:21pm
I hope chickie is okay. I had one pip on the underside of the egg right in the middle and it hatched okay once I turned it over. Best wishes.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #3379 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:21pmpost #3380 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:22pmHaving some technical issues with mobile version and haven't been able to get my posts to..post. :-(
My hatch is still going! We were greeted this morning by this little face:
This is one from my layer flock- a slw roo x black sex-link hen cross.
Then about 7:30 this morning, a second Marans popped out:
In the back of the Brinsea I noticed another Marans egg with a nickel sized piece of shell out and a little beak poking out the white membrane. Long story short, this baby worked a hole in the egg and white papery membrane, and had some minor bleeding inside the inner membrane that was visible. It's face has been exposed roughly 10 hours and its clearly breathing and peeps every so often. So hopefully that one will make it out ok. That leaves 2 left with no pips. I'm hoping that this one hatches by tomorrow and I can take the other Marans egg out to candle. (It will be day 23 tomorrow). The EE egg is day 21 tomorrow.
Ok...fingers crossed this posts this time!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Granny's gone and done it again 43 seconds ago
- › Not an emergency (I think). Young broiler has dark green diarrhea... 54 seconds ago
- › Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos... 59 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › Flock Master64's Rooster/Cockerel photo contest! 1 minute ago
- › Hens Still Not Laying 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Two black copper marans up for grabs! 2 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 3 minutes ago
- › Kansas City, MO 4 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.