Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 338post #3372 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:13pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
OK I got a PM for help that may be heading over so HEADS UP in case u see her post
nt know what this and if it is bad or not plz help
flame did you get it cleared is she peeping or breathing? it looks yellowish like the yolk may have broken?post #3373 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:15pmpost #3374 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:15pm
Man, they are going to pop out like pop corn when they start!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #3375 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:17pmpost #3376 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:19pmpost #3377 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:20pmThread Starter
but you have it cleared and could you see a little beak in there?post #3378 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:21pm
I hope chickie is okay. I had one pip on the underside of the egg right in the middle and it hatched okay once I turned it over. Best wishes.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #3379 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:21pmpost #3380 of 15763111/21/15 at 7:22pmHaving some technical issues with mobile version and haven't been able to get my posts to..post. :-(
My hatch is still going! We were greeted this morning by this little face:
This is one from my layer flock- a slw roo x black sex-link hen cross.
Then about 7:30 this morning, a second Marans popped out:
In the back of the Brinsea I noticed another Marans egg with a nickel sized piece of shell out and a little beak poking out the white membrane. Long story short, this baby worked a hole in the egg and white papery membrane, and had some minor bleeding inside the inner membrane that was visible. It's face has been exposed roughly 10 hours and its clearly breathing and peeps every so often. So hopefully that one will make it out ok. That leaves 2 left with no pips. I'm hoping that this one hatches by tomorrow and I can take the other Marans egg out to candle. (It will be day 23 tomorrow). The EE egg is day 21 tomorrow.
Ok...fingers crossed this posts this time!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!We have Blue, Black & Splash Copper Marans, Calico/Mille Fleur and Self Blue Bantam Cochins, LF Cochins, and a laying flock of various heritage breeds, EE's, production breeds, mutts and more! We also have Quarter Horses, a pony and rescued dogs and cats. I usually have an incubator or 2 running too!
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 8 seconds ago
- › Just got two ginnys 11 seconds ago
- › 26 weeks, no eggs! 1 minute ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 1 minute ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › Results from First Year with Deep Litter Method 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Genetic Hackle; AKA "Fly Tying Chickens" Info for the interested. 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age