Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:08 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 3466
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #34652 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicken hawk 33
.so the engineer was just at my house, 5 thermometers he works for Louisiana cat and is very very very smart my two thermometers are very accurate that I have for my bator and he did all the calculations and everything mi-temps couldn't be more perfect it is spot on between 99.5 and 100.5
nice, another step to freedom from the man, grow your own foodpost #34653 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:44pmThread Starter
all time feed available?Quote:Originally Posted by Pensmaster
I have/had one but chickens are using it for a learner egg. Works great. Lost a purple plastic Easter egg last year. Found it a few months later with about 30 eggs with it. Not sure where it is now.
we reuse ares and I always find unopened ones the next year but in the storage bagpost #34654 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:47pmpost #34655 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:49pmpost #34656 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:51pmpost #34657 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:51pmpost #34658 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:53pmThread StarterQuote:
where you get them? ours were from ideal and I shoulda fed as much as they wanted, not 12 on and off
weight them on a scaleQuote:
not sure, just remember to not assist hatching, they will do an internal pip and then wait hours before doing an external, and then from the external pip it sometimes takes up to hours before they actually start zipping to get out. zipping like a zipper only takes up to an hour,.
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 1/16/16 at 3:54pmpost #34659 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:54pmpost #34660 of 1576311/16/16 at 3:55pmThread StarterQuote:
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 15 seconds ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 20 seconds ago
- › HELP ME QUICK!!!! 37 seconds ago
- › Help!!! My 3 day old chick has a ( what looks like)vein coming out... 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 1 minute ago
- › How I fixed my Quail's bumblefoot! 1 minute ago
- › Help me sex my chicken. :) 1 minute ago
- › New Member in Northern California 1 minute ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 2 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.