Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:13 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:08 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 3868post #38672 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:02amThread StarterQuote:
this is dustyn when he was 5, both the older sons can kick butt on skis and snowboards amazing like their father could. Having a German gramma that was ski instructor for years sure helped them become little chits fast mogule jumpin turds on the mountains! She was always taking them to CO skiin and every state north of us too. spoiled boys as far as that! I dont think they do much of it any longer as their wives dont ski or anything. Not sure what the problem is learning though! I never did it before I met their dadpost #38673 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:05ampost #38674 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:07amQuote:
Sweet... the snow....post #38675 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:09amThread Starter
gonna do a readback and then try to get benny a video of the snow
dont over do it or I will never catch uppost #38676 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:12ampost #38677 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:16amQuote:Don't worry, I am too busy obseccing over bator stuff that I can't over do it!post #38678 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:19amThread Starter
That was easy! everyone went to bed or else I was up too late again!!
who is this?Quote:Originally Posted by butterfliesdoku
Well today is day 22 1/2 and I went ahead and eggtopsied the lone egg. I was pretty sure it was a goner because it was no longer moving after the 110 temperature spike. The chick was definitely dead before I opened the egg and had an unabsorbed yellow sack coming out of its lower mid section.
sorry @butterfliesdoku are you setting again?Quote:Originally Posted by bamadude
Quote:I really believe they coach each other. I have watched one chick help another chick zipOriginally Posted by Jessimom
Well, I had pretty much given up on my 21 day chicks that were showing no signs of being alive, but one must have pipped on the wrong side, and it just zipped and hatched in about 10 minutes. So, 1 hatched, maybe more on the way? It's definitely calling for reinforcements!!!
of course they do!Quote:Originally Posted by Jessimom
is this just hatched as in this batch? UPDATE!
smart ask!! what one or two little flakes I guess tooQuote:Originally Posted by chiques chicks
Been gone from here for a week, been busy and not able to read anything.
Hope everyone in the east is staying safe! If your in any weather like me, no need to go anywhere. 2 feet of snow expected, 25-40 mph winds. Made it home at midnight in a white out. Just hunkering down and staying safe.
Hey Ray!! stay safe, we had 13" in the drive at 4:50 AM and its been snowing like maddness since.Quote:
looks like it!Quote:
sweet!!!post #38679 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:21amGood morning all!
Hope everyone is dealing with the snow ok
Working today, so just checking in on mobile
Had 4 out of 12 pips in the baton when I left for work 3 hours ago, day 20.
Hoping to get home later to a bator full of fluffy butts!
Have a great day all!
Stay warm and safepost #38680 of 1576311/23/16 at 6:22am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Help me sex my chicken. :) 3 seconds ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 14 seconds ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 33 seconds ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 38 seconds ago
- › HELP ME QUICK!!!! 55 seconds ago
- › Help!!! My 3 day old chick has a ( what looks like)vein coming out... 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 1 minute ago
- › How I fixed my Quail's bumblefoot! 2 minutes ago
- › New Member in Northern California 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 2 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.