is this cruel???
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:44 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 389post #3882 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:11pmpost #3883 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:11pmThread Starter
what about this one?post #3884 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:12pm@Sally Sunshine - My chick with the bum leg had what I think was a splayed leg? It's right leg went off to the side and kinda in front of him...he couldn't even walk I quite impressed with myself though, I taped the legs together and put a sling like getup around him and when I got home from work it was walking...really walking. I thought for sure we were gonna have to cull it.post #3885 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:12pm
CH, I use the small short glasses. Have any short glasses around? Or, even a normal cup will do. Put a piece of rag in it since you don't have paper towels. Put the chick with the legs that you are worried about in it. The rag will keep it from slipping around if the glass or cup is too large.
When I use the electrolytes with a very tiny new baby, I don't go full strength, and I only give two drops of it..from your finger if you don't have a dropper. Use half strength. It will be fine. If those legs aren't looking more straight by morning, then we can help you with the tape idea. If you don't have bandaids, there are other things that can be used.Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #3886 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:12pmThread Starter
now this is NOT the parents fault, this CHILD is OBVIOUSLY behind the wheel!!post #3887 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:13pmpost #3888 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:13pmpost #3889 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:13pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Hawk12
@Sally Sunshine - My chick with the bum leg had what I think was a splayed leg? It's right leg went off to the side and kinda in front of him...he couldn't even walk I quite impressed with myself though, I taped the legs together and put a sling like getup around him and when I got home from work it was walking...really walking. I thought for sure we were gonna have to cull it.
AWESOME!!!!! you should have showed everyone silly HAWK!!!! for that you get a smakpost #3890 of 15763111/22/15 at 6:14pmThread Starter
She looks like harmonyanns I love that name! do you have many serama?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Gender 1 minute ago
- › Moulting chickens 2 minutes ago
- › Breeds and Sexes Please? 7 minutes ago
- › Topic of the Week - Deworming chickens 10 minutes ago
- › Rooster or a Hen??? 13 minutes ago
- › Shamo sexing 14 minutes ago
- › Point of egg in the incubator UP or DOWN 15 minutes ago
- › Can a chicken lay a random speckled egg? 16 minutes ago
- › Getting the chicks to go back into the coop. 20 minutes ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 22 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age