Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 7:38 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4071
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #40702 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chicknlove
Hello All! Just did a day 4 candle. So even though my thermostat is junk I have managed to keep quite a few babies alive (from what I can see) I need a new flashlight to get a better look. I forgot what the best flashlight for candling was. I would like to get a good one. I have a wafer them and a stronger fan in the mail. I won't give up yet!
Candlers/ FLASHLIGHTS TO CANDLE DARK EGGS & Innovations SUGGESTIONS post #38996
Strombergs CANDLERS (basic models 4 hobbyist, high intensity models 4 professionals click HERE
Saris Toilet Paper addition to flashlight post #40251post #40703 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:06pmThread StarterQuote:
thats only 272 lumenspost #40704 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:07pmQuote:they don't look right.Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
only set the flashlight on top dont lift them yet you dont want it over 35 right now
that would suck doing two at a time mess wise, do them and gettum over....
see below adding humidity.....
HUMIDITY Humidity is NOT a set number!
Its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the egg! post #8924 see Hatching Eggs 101
WHY do we need less humidity to get the best weight loss for colored hatching eggs during incubation? post #36320
Maintaining high humidity in an incubator during hatch click HERE
KEEPING MOLD and BACTERIAL from growing in water WELLS during incubation post #1644
ADDING water after lockdown post #210
How to raise humidity in a bator discussion begin post #355
USING a aquarium pump to humidify incubator Begin post #2028 & Flow control valve post #2054
Trick to raising humidity in egg trays by adding small containers to egg slot! post #1651 and backward reading
Plastic Easter eggs in the egg slots to easily regulate humidity post #28901
Top of a baby bottle in egg slots to raise humidity! post #35396
Trick from WV RAISING humidity in BRINSEA post #3823
Brinsea Advance Incubator Humidity Pumps click HEREpost #40705 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I would do them all at once.... your gonna range in sizes do it when its convenient for you.
I started a thread a while ago for processing and stuff.....
THIS IS A QUICK COPY PASTE of info from the thread http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/processing-day-support-group-summary-of-thread
I'm not emotionally attached to these birds, theys fer eatin! My 5 year old niece cant wait to cut off the head and legs!
Thanks fer the link
Thanks fer the advice, I guess i'll do em at one time.
Could use the extry coop anyways!
Plan on raising the NY HAL to sell started pulletsInsane.Insane.post #40706 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:08pmpost #40707 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:12pmpost #40708 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:12pmpost #40709 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:18pmQuote:
The one on the left was quite smelly. Nasty darkness is never good, so I just toss them. No doubt they had embryos, but I didn't want to smell them, lol.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 1 minute ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 2 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 6 minutes ago
- › The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!! 7 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 16 minutes ago
- › Rooster Complaint. ... 17 minutes ago
- › Getting a new duck 19 minutes ago
- › Hello there! 21 minutes ago
- › Show off your ducks! 26 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 26 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale