Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:06 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 3:35 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4071
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #40702 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chicknlove
Hello All! Just did a day 4 candle. So even though my thermostat is junk I have managed to keep quite a few babies alive (from what I can see) I need a new flashlight to get a better look. I forgot what the best flashlight for candling was. I would like to get a good one. I have a wafer them and a stronger fan in the mail. I won't give up yet!
Candlers/ FLASHLIGHTS TO CANDLE DARK EGGS & Innovations SUGGESTIONS post #38996
Strombergs CANDLERS (basic models 4 hobbyist, high intensity models 4 professionals click HERE
Saris Toilet Paper addition to flashlight post #40251post #40703 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:06pmThread StarterQuote:
thats only 272 lumenspost #40704 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:07pmQuote:they don't look right.Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
only set the flashlight on top dont lift them yet you dont want it over 35 right now
that would suck doing two at a time mess wise, do them and gettum over....
see below adding humidity.....
HUMIDITY Humidity is NOT a set number!
Its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the egg! post #8924 see Hatching Eggs 101
WHY do we need less humidity to get the best weight loss for colored hatching eggs during incubation? post #36320
Maintaining high humidity in an incubator during hatch click HERE
KEEPING MOLD and BACTERIAL from growing in water WELLS during incubation post #1644
ADDING water after lockdown post #210
How to raise humidity in a bator discussion begin post #355
USING a aquarium pump to humidify incubator Begin post #2028 & Flow control valve post #2054
Trick to raising humidity in egg trays by adding small containers to egg slot! post #1651 and backward reading
Plastic Easter eggs in the egg slots to easily regulate humidity post #28901
Top of a baby bottle in egg slots to raise humidity! post #35396
Trick from WV RAISING humidity in BRINSEA post #3823
Brinsea Advance Incubator Humidity Pumps click HEREpost #40705 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine
I would do them all at once.... your gonna range in sizes do it when its convenient for you.
I started a thread a while ago for processing and stuff.....
THIS IS A QUICK COPY PASTE of info from the thread http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/processing-day-support-group-summary-of-thread
I'm not emotionally attached to these birds, theys fer eatin! My 5 year old niece cant wait to cut off the head and legs!
Thanks fer the link
Thanks fer the advice, I guess i'll do em at one time.
Could use the extry coop anyways!
Plan on raising the NY HAL to sell started pulletsInsane.Insane.post #40706 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:08pmpost #40707 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:12pmpost #40708 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:12pmpost #40709 of 1576311/26/16 at 4:18pmQuote:
The one on the left was quite smelly. Nasty darkness is never good, so I just toss them. No doubt they had embryos, but I didn't want to smell them, lol.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Chickens not laying eggs for long time 44 seconds ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 1 minute ago
- › African goose, male or female? 1 minute ago
- › Silkie thread! 1 minute ago
- › Hen can't walk anymore??? 2 minutes ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 3 minutes ago
- › Critique for my Ameraucana's 4 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 4 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age