Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 10:44 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 8:42 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 425post #4241 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:27pmThey where hert in the bator there bones are showing
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #4242 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:28pmThread Starter
does it look like his? I am almost frightened to answer this at this point. your chicks are hatching, might be better to grab them out that mess with the eggs??? thats what I would do at your stageQuote:
Hey dizzle! lol what do you think? better start reading
I have widdle feetpost #4243 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:29pmThread Starter
Chicken Hawk show me these bones please?
so these are the new chicks that just hatched?
when did you get them out this morning?post #4244 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:30pm
It's the hocks...if a pencil can fit through the wire mesh, so can a tiny hock. Once the chicks are on their feet it's safe enough, but while they are crawling, the hocks can get caught in the squares. Same holds true in wire bottomed brooders.post #4245 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:32pmQuote:
I asked for photos a while ago. My guess is that the skin has been stripped off the tendons at the hock. As long as they were carefully removed, or freed themselves, they may be able to heal. If they suffered dislocation, the odds of success are lower.post #4246 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:35pmpost #4247 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:35pmpost #4248 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:36pmpost #4249 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:37pmpost #4250 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:38pmThread StarterQuote:
how far into now?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 8 seconds ago
- › Help with breed please? 50 seconds ago
- › Chicken stopped laying, will she lay eggs again? 57 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 2 minutes ago
- › building paradise for the birds 2 minutes ago
- › Clucksville elementary! 3 minutes ago
- › Can someone please Help me!!! Porcelain Sizzle Genetics??? 3 minutes ago
- › My new home came with chickens! 4 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page