Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:26 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 425post #4241 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:27pmThey where hert in the bator there bones are showingpost #4242 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:28pmThread Starter
does it look like his? I am almost frightened to answer this at this point. your chicks are hatching, might be better to grab them out that mess with the eggs??? thats what I would do at your stageQuote:
Hey dizzle! lol what do you think? better start reading
I have widdle feetpost #4243 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:29pmThread Starter
Chicken Hawk show me these bones please?
so these are the new chicks that just hatched?
when did you get them out this morning?post #4244 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:30pm
It's the hocks...if a pencil can fit through the wire mesh, so can a tiny hock. Once the chicks are on their feet it's safe enough, but while they are crawling, the hocks can get caught in the squares. Same holds true in wire bottomed brooders.post #4245 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:32pmQuote:
I asked for photos a while ago. My guess is that the skin has been stripped off the tendons at the hock. As long as they were carefully removed, or freed themselves, they may be able to heal. If they suffered dislocation, the odds of success are lower.post #4246 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:35pmpost #4247 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:35pmpost #4248 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:36pmpost #4249 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:37pmpost #4250 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:38pmThread StarterQuote:
how far into now?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 55 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dixie Chicks 1 minute ago
- › Sex- linked Information 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › State Block Swap 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Serama Hatch-A-Long!! 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 3 minutes ago
- › Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Ma Flock
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)