Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:09 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act like a pet...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 426post #4251 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:42pmCan I use a heat pad in the brooder?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #4252 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:43pmpost #4253 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:44pmpost #4254 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:46pmpost #4255 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:47pmpost #4256 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:48pmThread Starter
for future reference, I know some use the pad drawer liners, I never liked them because of air flow, I bought a roll of window screen.
it cleans up easy with a brush and bleaches well. Only one of our bators has wood frame inside, its my favorite though,
but they all have the same 1/4" and then the screening over, except the one I use for the serama. never put screening in it yet.
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 11/23/15 at 1:48pmpost #4257 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:48pmThread StarterQuote:
GOT PICTURES OF THEIR BONES CHICKEN HAWK?post #4258 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:51pmpost #4259 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:52pmThread StarterQuote:
ATAGIRL def will add this to the day 18 list.
wonder if its a specific bator grate?post #4260 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:57pmQuote:
Little Giants use 1/4" lightweight wire. That's the only one I had trouble with for chickens. When I built my homebuilt cabinet, I used heavy 1/2" hardware cloth like you show in yours, and used shelf liner. Turkey hocks will get stuck in 1/2" wire. Window screen is a great idea too, but I like the shelf liner as it can go in the washing machine and provides good grip for tiny toes.
Edited by WalnutHill - 11/23/15 at 1:57pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 second ago
- › hen limping on one foot 2 seconds ago
- › I don't know what's wrong with my hen! 21 seconds ago
- › should i keep a cock in small flock 37 seconds ago
- › What's my pretty boy? 43 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 58 seconds ago
- › What kind of roos? Can't decide from pics? 1 minute ago
- › Panda Type Quail 1 minute ago
- › blood pheasants 1 minute ago
- › How duck & geese feet are designed not to freeze 1 minute ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.