Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 426post #4251 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:42pmCan I use a heat pad in the brooder?post #4252 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:43pmpost #4253 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:44pmpost #4254 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:46pmpost #4255 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:47pmpost #4256 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:48pmThread Starter
for future reference, I know some use the pad drawer liners, I never liked them because of air flow, I bought a roll of window screen.
it cleans up easy with a brush and bleaches well. Only one of our bators has wood frame inside, its my favorite though,
but they all have the same 1/4" and then the screening over, except the one I use for the serama. never put screening in it yet.
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 11/23/15 at 1:48pmpost #4257 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:48pmThread StarterQuote:
GOT PICTURES OF THEIR BONES CHICKEN HAWK?post #4258 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:51pmpost #4259 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:52pmThread StarterQuote:
ATAGIRL def will add this to the day 18 list.
wonder if its a specific bator grate?post #4260 of 15763111/23/15 at 1:57pmQuote:
Little Giants use 1/4" lightweight wire. That's the only one I had trouble with for chickens. When I built my homebuilt cabinet, I used heavy 1/2" hardware cloth like you show in yours, and used shelf liner. Turkey hocks will get stuck in 1/2" wire. Window screen is a great idea too, but I like the shelf liner as it can go in the washing machine and provides good grip for tiny toes.
Edited by WalnutHill - 11/23/15 at 1:57pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › New Jersey 29 seconds ago
- › Need Help FAST in South NJ!! 1 minute ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 2 minutes ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEGG Decorating Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 5 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 7 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 8 minutes ago
- › Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation... 8 minutes ago
- › The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!! 9 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 11 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.