Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 433
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #4322 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:29pmQuote:Needing more, or needing less. One of those two
I'm going to be totally serious, and post with you on this just like I used to on another thread a long long time ago
From the pictures I have seen, his situation looks pretty severe. I think assisting at this point would just be postponing the inevitable
If you have a way to fix that, and can talk him through it, I would be very interested to see the result.
Don't let me bother you. This is the time of night I disappear, and I will check in the morning to see what happenspost #4323 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:30pmpost #4324 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:31pmThread Starter
Have a good night scpost #4325 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:31pmpost #4326 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:32pmpost #4327 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:38pmThread Starter
awww chicken hawk its not your fault its the stupid makers of the incubator is what it is! Makes me more p/od by the minute too!
I dont know if you want to help them or humanely cull them! sitting there watching them die is not the answer. I have been here since early morning for you and we have yet to deal with them.
I dont know if you gave them electrolytes, I dont know what you did without communicating back and forth.
What do you want me to do for you Chicken hawk? I wish I could be there to help you but I am not. this is the best I can do for you. I am sorry.
How many of the chicks are healthy? and how many eggs do you have in the bator yet?post #4328 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by WVduckchick
SC already answered this one for me....
Duck eggs take 7 days longer... They will all be due at the same time if I put the new ones in on day 7 of the duck eggs....
Oh yeah, And I do believe I knew that! I've only hatched duck eggs twice now. Once on purpose..:p Another time because a friends mama duck got killed while of her nest. He just brought the duck eggs over, didn't know how long she had been off of them..asked if I would put them in a bator. I got 4 ducks to hatch not knowing how far along they were. Just kept looking for an internal pip, went from there. He brought over around 9 if I remember right.Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!post #4329 of 15763111/23/15 at 4:46pmQuote:
Me too, only one hen laying, but it's a leghorn, so getting an egg a day.Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 1 minute ago
- › Sex- linked Information 2 minutes ago
- › FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 3 minutes ago
- › Helpful List of Hatcheries & Breeders 4 minutes ago
- › Early stages sour crop? 4 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 4 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 6 minutes ago
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.