Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 5:34 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4336
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #43352 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:44pmQuote:
Good point yes they are they were used for plants but it gets too hot in the summer months. Chickens love it both in the winter and summer as the temperature of water works both ways. I'm not sure how the Orpington's will do but my project birds do quite well. There's a metal chimney box at the far end it has an gas charged cylinder for opening the vent on top of the chimney. This lets hot air out. I've put a house fan into the door it has a thermostat to turn on when it gets too hot.
Whole thing cost about $300 to build. All glass, aluminum roofing, aluminum frames, wood was recycled. Paid 39 for the gas cylinder vent opener. The rest was spent in foam insulation for the metal roof part.post #43353 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:44pmpost #43354 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:44pmpost #43355 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:44pmThread Starter
I use that dawn blue if I have to wash one...post #43356 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:45pmThread Starterpost #43357 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:46pmpost #43358 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:46pmQuote:
I don't use any soap just warm water. If I was going to use anything it would be baby shampoo.Quote:
On a low heat setting its fine and keep the dryer movingpost #43359 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:46pm
Yes I know! That should be motivation enough for a procrastinator like me
I haven't even got the breeding pens started on In the next few days I should have my roos taken out. The breeding pens and main coop should be in a big old cinder block loafing shed, than I can have my current coop empty for chick season.
My dad had surgery December so he was unable to help me out and the weather here is a mess, I'm running out of time to get all my stuff together!post #43360 of 1576311/30/16 at 12:46pmThread Starter
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 seconds ago
- › Tylan 50 Injection Location and Dosage Questions 21 seconds ago
- › The Q&A Game! 33 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › what is wrong with giving RAW eggshells ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 3 minutes ago
- › Erice the Emu and Eight Wild Chicks 3 minutes ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 3 minutes ago
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.