Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:06 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 3:35 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4372post #43712 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:48pmpost #43713 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by country lovin
DOH she is on a rollpost #43714 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:49pmQuote:yes, i can do that real quick...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING... THANK YOU THANK YOU.
i will take the 2 out fast and the shells., i got it and put a we paper towel on top of the poo and yucky... got it"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCER"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
HERBERT SPENCERpost #43715 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:50pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by CyndiD
Quote:yes, i can do that real quick...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING... THANK YOU THANK YOU.
i will take the 2 out fast and the shells., i got it and put a we paper towel on top of the poo and yucky... got it
and pictures for us when they dry and warm please!!! good luck!post #43716 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:51pmpost #43717 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:53pmThread Starter
I groan whenever husband has to show me something on his phone or read me something.... or tell me to look look when he is watching TV and then rewind it for me??? reallypost #43718 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:53pmpost #43719 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:54pm
(I love that set up by the way. Butter muslin or cheese cloth held by mason jar ring? Do you find that it dries out? I use a latched lid jar but have to rig it to be open just a bit - can be a pain...)
OK, I really do need to head to bed. Will check on shipped eggs in the morning, candle in situ, mark air cells, and then begin hand turning (3x a day only) the saddled ones - thanks for the input Sally and Local!
- Ant Farmpost #43720 of 1576311/30/16 at 9:54pm@Sally Sunshine
Of all sourdough pancake recipes, this is my favorite:
2 cups sourdough starter
2 Tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
In separate bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, water and baking soda. Combine with the eggs.
Beat with a wooden spoon, do not over beat.
It's also my favorite to add chocolate chips to.
"Fluffy" is an understatement!CoffeeCoffee
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Granny's gone and done it again 7 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 38 seconds ago
- › New Chicken Owner from NM 41 seconds ago
- › My Pet Chicken Review. 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › ~*The Weekly Peep*~ 2 minutes ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 3 minutes ago
- › Generally, what are Brahma's like? 4 minutes ago
- › Female duck mounting and biting other female duck-leading to blood 4 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age