Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4420
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #44192 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:24pmpost #44193 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:25pmpost #44194 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by CyndiD
Oh, what a day they have had and me too...
a short story long... one shrink wrapped (i think), i've never seen one before, but this one looked like it. 4 had no internal peeping or external and no movement when I candled them.
the 3 that are left, I could hear internal peeping and saw movement. I assisted w/external pipping; I opened the shell a little where they had started by themselves. I hope this helped them and not harmed them. I will continue to check them through the night.
So, it looks like 3 more will hatch in a few hours or more???
i don't see an option to upload pics.
I dont get this BYC posting sometimes... sometimes i see the options above this box I am typing in, and someimes I dont??? Sometimes when I hit the "Quote" button i can and sometimes I can't...???? sometimes when I hit the "reply" button i can and can't ...
I dont get it??? Did I say... "I don't get it, yet"? tee hee
AND, sometimes I see the "full editor...
OOHHH NOW IT SHOWS UP... WHEN I WENT IN TO EDIT MY POST... I dont get it
anyway here are some pics
They're so sweet, I just want to kiss them ♡post #44195 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
did it teach you anything?Quote:
DOH I pay attention real good dont IQuote:Originally Posted by kwhites634
No, never have. Only fished salt water a few times in my life. Never lived close to salt water & all of my fishing partners have been fresh water guys.
now I remember you telling me that before, stupid brain, cant stand this crap anymore I just wanna be me again dangggggQuoteOriginally Posted by Hawk12
Well here goes...we had to cull my brahma rooster today. He was one of the babies that was attacked and have a pretty bad head injury. My only rooster Good thing I have more in the incubator. He was fine this morning when I first went down to the coop. Acting normal as ever. I was down there with the birds for about 3 hours and then I went to get a few pictures of the babies to post on here. When it was his turn I picked him up and noticed he was acting a little strange. At first I thought he was just being goofy but then realized he couldn't move his head around much. He kept turning it to one side and down towards his body. When I went to move his head to the other side or stretched out normal, he would start going into convulsions I lost another female that also was part of the attack when she started acting strange. She went down hill fast too. I'm worried it might be something other than the head injuries. I'm gonna start researching illness in chickens and see if their symptoms match any of them. Here is a pic of my rooster before he left us.
Any ideas what it could'very been?
I am so sorry sweetie, I have not a clue. he was a blue too.post #44196 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:29pmQuote:
He was such a good boypost #44197 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:30pmpost #44198 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:32pmQuote:It was!Quote:LOL!post #44199 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:32pmpost #44200 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:32pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Granny's gone and done it again 24 seconds ago
- › Topic of the Week - Deworming chickens 41 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 1 minute ago
- › Should I be worried about the baby? 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › November 2016 Hatch-a-long!! 2 minutes ago
- › Horse Talk 3 minutes ago
- › Roo question. 3 minutes ago
- › Adult & Kids Costume Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 4 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age