There was only one egg that was developmentally behind the first one by several days, staggered hatching under a broody......
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:44 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4424post #44231 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:54pmBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy too
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #44232 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:55pmpost #44233 of 1576311/31/16 at 7:55pm
video of the chick. It's already survived several hours so I have hope for it and so does she.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #44234 of 1576311/31/16 at 8:05pmThread Starter
when did this become so detailed?
who wants a itchy cat?
what is nala??Quote:Originally Posted by fire370
Quote:Originally Posted by Saris
A person from one of the Facebook groups I'm in found a chick under a broody that has 2 puncture wounds from being pecked as it was hatching. Is there anything she should do besides iodining them? They aren't currently bleeding. The chick is now inside and warm.
Sounds like they have already done about everything they can. Might get it on some electrolytes and probiotics.
you googled that? remember how you did it?post #44235 of 1576311/31/16 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Saris
video of the chick. It's already survived several hours so I have hope for it and so does she.
I would put bacitracin on it
I doont have experience with this
I am worried about infectionInsane.Insane.post #44236 of 1576311/31/16 at 8:06pmpost #44237 of 1576311/31/16 at 8:06pmpost #44238 of 1576311/31/16 at 8:08pmThread Starter
dang saris sure that lungs are hit? not sure what to tell you tag Kathy or message herpost #44239 of 1576311/31/16 at 8:09pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Thai gamefowl??? 7 minutes ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 8 minutes ago
- › Help! My chicken has a prolapsed vent and I can't get it back in?! 9 minutes ago
- › Dimmer switch on heat lamp? 20 minutes ago
- › Possible 'henopause'? 28 minutes ago
- › Black copper Marian's chick color?? 31 minutes ago
- › Muscovy duck Q&A 42 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 43 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 47 minutes ago
- › Gender 51 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age