Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4890
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #48892 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:16pmpost #48893 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bubbles12345
Quote:Originally Posted by MotorcycleChick
Anyone else getting the food and alcohol ready? I have the beer and Coke chilling in an ice bath, the pepperoni pizza with a Parmesan with crushed red pepper crust in the oven, the buffalo chicken dip is done, and the Doritos are ready. Add in a big bottle of Jack, and I am ready!
What's wrong with salad? I love salad.
Not a thing if you use the right kind of mushrooms!CoffeeCoffeepost #48894 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:17pmpost #48895 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:17pmpost #48896 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:18pm
Good evening everybody. (It's midnight here in Norway)
I just finished wireing up my styrofoam incubator thermostat that I bought on Ebay. The instructions were really poor. The text was barely visible and some of it was missing too. So the settings part is kind of melting my brain here. And now that I have finished connecting it, I really want to get it up and running, like yesterday! I was wondering if anyone of you had the same one, and maybe could give me a few hints? I tried searching here before I ask.. Promise!
The model is a XD-8888 The picture is from Ebay.
Thank you in advance!post #48897 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:19pmpost #48898 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:22pmpost #48899 of 1576312/7/16 at 3:23pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ozexpat
1 head garlic, peeled,crushed (you can tone it down a bit if you need to but Filipinos are not shy with garlic)
1 medium size onion, peeled, chopped
2 thumb size ginger, skinned, sliced
1 tsp. peppercorns
3-5 pieces bay leaf
3-5 pieces red hot chili
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
½ cup coconut milk
Cut chicken into serving pieces. Wash thoroughly and drain.. In a medium size sauce pan first put in the chicken, pour in 5 to 6 cups of water then add in the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, peppercorns and bay leaf bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 30 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Add in the chili and coconut milk, cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid turns to and thick sauce, correct saltiness if required. Serve with a lot of rice.
Purists don’t add coconut milk but I find it adds an extra dimension. I found the recipe years ago and have managed to even convert Inday’s family.
If you plan to marinade, that’s fine. Add all ingredients except the Chili and coconut milk. Just add the chili and coconut milk near the end.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Granny's gone and done it again 33 seconds ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 1 minute ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 2 minutes ago
- › The last letter Game 2 minutes ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Duck Avery 3 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 3 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 3 minutes ago
- › Who laid my eggs? 4 minutes ago
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.