Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:36 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4908post #49072 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:57pmQuote:Insane.Insane.post #49073 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:58pmpost #49074 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:58pmpost #49075 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fire Ant Farm
OK, humidity holding well and regulating appropriately now, no more funny noise, and I have calmed down. I thought I was going to be so COOL about this hatch - nope. Let's see how many times I freak out during lockdown....
Meanwhile, @Sally Sunshine
you wanted photos. I finished the new coop today, and moved the Naked Necks in this evening. They are a little freaked and huddled on the floor of the run in a corner in a pig pile (that's how they've been sleeping in the tractor). They'll be grumpy kept in there for a few days to "learn" it's their new home, since they're used to roaming a lot, but it is pretty nice in there. I assume they'll figure out that they have a sheltered henhouse with roosts eventually.
Still have lots of cleaning up of stuff in the yard, and I need to start building tractors now (growout for the chicks) and some A-frames (for solo roosters). But it's nice to get it done. And Dumbledore is back outside with his girls - his tail feathers are growing back out. I don't have it in me to set up the brooder right now - I'm about to drop. I'll set it up after work tomorrow...
Busy week at work next work. I just know I'll be a wreck while at work worrying about the hatch/chicks - I can't take off to watch them. I just need to have faith - what will be, will be...
I'm going to try to do a read back of the stuff I missed before heading to bed.
- Ant Farm
Going to 'borrow' a few of your ideas when the snow melts up here!post #49076 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:00pmpost #49077 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:02pmpost #49078 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:02pmpost #49079 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:04pmDonald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #49080 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:07pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by LocalYokel
UPDATE @Sally Sunshine
Three eggs under Broody
1 Leghorn egg veining nicely
1 Leghorn egg clear, also has a large bubble floating around and several smaller bubbles.......
1 RIR egg veining nicely
who said she is updating today ? ha ha ha remind me tomorrowQuote:
some say so, but I never tried it, some say NO like fire
Encourage Hens to Hatch Eggs http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/encourage-hens-to-hatch-eggs.aspx
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 45 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 52 seconds ago
- › Chick hatched with stuff on it's but HELP! 1 minute ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › Knee Replacement? Please share your experiences. 3 minutes ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 5 minutes ago
- › Ranging broilers with layers 6 minutes ago
- › Need input..... 7 minutes ago
- › November 2016 Hatch-a-long!! 8 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale