Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4908
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #49072 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:57pmQuote:Insane.Insane.post #49073 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:58pmpost #49074 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:58pmpost #49075 of 1576312/7/16 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fire Ant Farm
OK, humidity holding well and regulating appropriately now, no more funny noise, and I have calmed down. I thought I was going to be so COOL about this hatch - nope. Let's see how many times I freak out during lockdown....
Meanwhile, @Sally Sunshine
you wanted photos. I finished the new coop today, and moved the Naked Necks in this evening. They are a little freaked and huddled on the floor of the run in a corner in a pig pile (that's how they've been sleeping in the tractor). They'll be grumpy kept in there for a few days to "learn" it's their new home, since they're used to roaming a lot, but it is pretty nice in there. I assume they'll figure out that they have a sheltered henhouse with roosts eventually.
Still have lots of cleaning up of stuff in the yard, and I need to start building tractors now (growout for the chicks) and some A-frames (for solo roosters). But it's nice to get it done. And Dumbledore is back outside with his girls - his tail feathers are growing back out. I don't have it in me to set up the brooder right now - I'm about to drop. I'll set it up after work tomorrow...
Busy week at work next work. I just know I'll be a wreck while at work worrying about the hatch/chicks - I can't take off to watch them. I just need to have faith - what will be, will be...
I'm going to try to do a read back of the stuff I missed before heading to bed.
- Ant Farm
Going to 'borrow' a few of your ideas when the snow melts up here!post #49076 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:00pmpost #49077 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:02pmpost #49078 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:02pmpost #49079 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:04pmDonald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #49080 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:07pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by LocalYokel
UPDATE @Sally Sunshine
Three eggs under Broody
1 Leghorn egg veining nicely
1 Leghorn egg clear, also has a large bubble floating around and several smaller bubbles.......
1 RIR egg veining nicely
who said she is updating today ? ha ha ha remind me tomorrowQuote:
some say so, but I never tried it, some say NO like fire
Encourage Hens to Hatch Eggs http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/encourage-hens-to-hatch-eggs.aspx
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 19 seconds ago
- › FOWL Celebrity Lookalike Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 33 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 50 seconds ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 58 seconds ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 1 minute ago
- › leeches in ducks eyes "help" 2 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie Feed question 3 minutes ago
- › Abandoned boer triplets 3 minutes ago
- › Duck With Fleas!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.