Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4909
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #49082 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:09pmpost #49083 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:11pmQuote:
Keep them in the house!Quote:Originally Posted by lozerface79
And the problem with that is...?Quote:LOL! I do not ... Okay, maybe I do.Originally Posted by lozerface79
@MotorcycleChickCoffeeCoffeepost #49084 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:12pmQuote:Sorry if i seem like in complaining or an getting annoying but i live in a small town with 900 people and only a very small precent that could take good care of them
Also i am not selling them till about a month after hatch because id feel safer that way
Edited by lozerface79 - 2/7/16 at 6:13pmDonald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #49085 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:13pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Fire Ant Farm
OK, humidity holding well and regulating appropriately now, no more funny noise, and I have calmed down. I thought I was going to be so COOL about this hatch - nope. Let's see how many times I freak out during lockdown....
Meanwhile, @Sally Sunshine you wanted photos. I finished the new coop today, and moved the Naked Necks in this evening. They are a little freaked and huddled on the floor of the run in a corner in a pig pile (that's how they've been sleeping in the tractor). They'll be grumpy kept in there for a few days to "learn" it's their new home, since they're used to roaming a lot, but it is pretty nice in there. I assume they'll figure out that they have a sheltered henhouse with roosts eventually.
Still have lots of cleaning up of stuff in the yard, and I need to start building tractors now (growout for the chicks) and some A-frames (for solo roosters). But it's nice to get it done. And Dumbledore is back outside with his girls - his tail feathers are growing back out. I don't have it in me to set up the brooder right now - I'm about to drop. I'll set it up after work tomorrow...
Busy week at work next work. I just know I'll be a wreck while at work worrying about the hatch/chicks - I can't take off to watch them. I just need to have faith - what will be, will be...
I'm going to try to do a read back of the stuff I missed before heading to bed.
- Ant Farm
he is getting his tail feaths back!! yippies!!! looks awesome! I love when they are up like that!!!Quote:Originally Posted by chicken hawk 33
Ms@Sally Sunshinedo u want me to candle and mark aircells
yes?post #49086 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:16pmpost #49087 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:16pmpost #49088 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:17pmpost #49089 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:17pmpost #49090 of 1576312/7/16 at 6:17pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 4 minutes ago
- › Chickens Crop 4 minutes ago
- › How long does broody hen stay fertile? 9 minutes ago
- › Silkie hatching 11 minutes ago
- › Coturnix-Pics 12 minutes ago
- › Hi from Tampa FLorida 15 minutes ago
- › Any Hawaii Folks on BYC? 17 minutes ago
- › DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions". 17 minutes ago
- › Chicken Attacked By Owl!!!!!!! 17 minutes ago
- › Bought house with chicken stuff here 18 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.