thank you!!! I know must have ducks!!! I have some ancona possible, and I was asked if I want to try scovy but they are colored. Dad wants french whites cant find eggs anywhere for french whites. old stubborn man he is!
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 2:49 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4911
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #49102 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:12pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #49103 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:13pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by shahtir101
did you catch the pics of harmonyanns frizzle white polish from sara?post #49104 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:14pm
Serama lover! Home of the Super Serama Bunch! Don't forget cochins. 26 Seramas, 1 duccles, 6 layer bird! Make sure to follow Kate's Sassy Seramas as we can ship birds soon!post #49105 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:15pmpost #49106 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:17pmpost #49107 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:17pmThread StarterQuote:
no clue but they should be in uploadQuote:Originally Posted by lozerface79
How much land you got?
not enough!!!post #49108 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:19pmpost #49109 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:19pmThread Starter
they have the strangest nostrils dont they?post #49110 of 1576312/7/16 at 7:20pmQuote:
Thanks! It's based on plans I bought - The Garden Coop (very good for a hot climate, lots of ventilation). I already have one (the one on the right), this new one was modified as larger. I also put every wall of the henhouse on heavy duty hinges so I could have access to everything from the outside for cleaning or if I need to pick a chicken off a roost at night. (Limitation of the first coop.) Also added a half door to pull out a sand/PDZ tray for poop-scooping form under the roosts. It's a great plan...Quote:
Yep! Handsome boy - his final big wound had the scab fall off, and it was TIME to get him out of the mudroom (I need room for the babies!). The girls had missed him - and he has had no problem getting right back "in the saddle". The real question is whether I'll still get up in the mornings - I'd kind of gotten used to my loud alarm clock!!!Quote:
Oh yeah, me, too. I keep having to remind myself that I have to build housing for any chicks I hatch and keep. I was actually thinking of getting some local Silkie eggs theo other day. In addition to the eggs int eh 'bator, I have 30 chicks of various breeds coming this April. I have NO BUSINESS hatching anything else!!!!!Quote:Originally Posted by lozerface79
Also check this out: http://i.imgur.com/jhtEoEU.gifv
I watched it like 3x in a row and it only got better
I LOVED this!
- Ant Farm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Looking for advice... 1 minute ago
- › Please help ID this breed 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 4 minutes ago
- › Hello from Jeep Chick! 4 minutes ago
- › What's the temperature where you are??? 6 minutes ago
- › ISA Brown or something else? 7 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 7 minutes ago
- › The african and chinese goose thread!! 8 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.