Buff Orpingtons. We set 12 eggs. 5 turned out to be clear, the other 7 looked good. I was hoping for a better fertility rate...but our rooster is still young and he has a lot of hens.
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 5797post #57961 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:20pmQuote:post #57962 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:21pmpost #57963 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:25pmpost #57964 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:27pmI am still like that even after doing quite a few hatches. But, watching a chick hatch never gets old.post #57965 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:28pm
@Sally Sunshine I candled again and Some of them have bigger aircells, and some don't......ugh, I also saw the start of at least 4 bloodrings. I'm so sad! They had to have passed all around the same time....I can still pick out veins but you can see the blood smearing down the side and pooling.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #57966 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:32pmpost #57967 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:34pmQuote:They will LOVE watching them hatch. My nigi doe is also going to kid soon. I will have to start being on the lookout on about 2 days. How old is your doe?
Edited by shahtir101 - 2/21/16 at 9:34pmpost #57968 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:38pmQuote:
Fancy will be 2 April 1st. This is her 2nd kidding. I got her in November.
We have 5 does total, the rest are due the end of March. This will be our 3rd kidding season.post #57969 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:44pmQuote:She is really pretty! My doe is two years old and this is her first kidding.post #57970 of 1576312/21/16 at 9:46pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Help identify their breed 14 seconds ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 40 seconds ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 53 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 1 minute ago
- › Serious moulting or something else? 1 minute ago
- › Purchased chickens with Upper respiratory Infection?! 2 minutes ago
- › Run fill 2 minutes ago
- › My leukemia's back. 4 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 5 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale