Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 11:16 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:08 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 581
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #5802 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:02pm
Ya know I'm doing these for you and to help others, right? I don't think I've candled this much since my first batch with a strong light, lol...
Io needs a buddy... this lil duckie is one heck of a biter!!Frawg MuseFrawg Musepost #5803 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:02pmpost #5804 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:03pmThread Starter
ANYONE have suggestions for CH on RAT PROOFING THE COOP?post #5805 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:04pmQuote:
I thought shrinkwrapping happened before the external pip and after the external pip it was called sticky chick?Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #5806 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:06pmpost #5807 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:08pm
Thank you for looking out for me though...Quote:
Sticky is too low humidity during incubation, I believe... and shrinkwrappingis not instantaneous... plus the air cell holds its own little pocket of humid air in it until the shell is breached... as long as you don't leave the egg outside the bator for too long... I candle within a min, tops...Frawg MuseFrawg Musepost #5808 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by RavynFallen
Thank you for looking out for me though...
Sticky is too low humidity during incubation, I believe... and shrinkwrappingis not instantaneous... plus the air cell holds its own little pocket of humid air in it until the shell is breached... as long as you don't leave the egg outside the bator for too long... I candle within a min, tops...
Good to know.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #5809 of 15763111/29/15 at 6:12pm
You got me, struck a funny bone!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!Wonderful family, very understanding husband when it comes to chickens, dogs, birds, one big Golden Retriever, and thankful to the Lord for all!
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1045 Active Users (64 Members and 981 Guests)
- › What am I? 3 minutes ago
- › Day 18 7 minutes ago
- › Advice - neighbor wants us to cull 15 minutes ago
- › Duck eye infection 17 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 23 minutes ago
- › Food Storage Ideas Needed 25 minutes ago
- › Broody Hen Thread! 25 minutes ago
- › Araucana thread anyone? 26 minutes ago
- › incubator challenges please help 30 minutes ago
- › Silkie thread! 32 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.