Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:04 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 5892
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #58912 of 1576312/23/16 at 3:41pmpost #58913 of 1576312/23/16 at 3:50pmThread Starterpost #58914 of 1576312/23/16 at 3:50pmpost #58915 of 1576312/23/16 at 3:56pmpost #58916 of 1576312/23/16 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #58917 of 1576312/23/16 at 4:00pmpost #58918 of 1576312/23/16 at 4:01pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by canadachickens
Thanks for the credit, but it is undeserved. It was actually the auto correct on my Ipad. I typed Banty, it auto corrected to Bantu, so when I manually re-corrected to Banty, it auto corrected again to Banti! and the rest is history!
Good day everyone! Had a long day at work yesterday, and by the time I caught up everyone had signed off for the night.
after a 400+ post read back last night, I figured I would check in at lunch to attempt to stay current.
Have a great day everyone!
@canadachickens keep missing you!Quote:Originally Posted by daxigait
@Sally Sunshine so have you posted pictures of the project birds themselves somewhere? I have seen the eggs.
Where do you get a Leghorn with the blue egg gene? Is it mostly Leghorn, or is it like the Sapphire (clb x Leghorn)
the leghorn under the legbar are not my project but I have a layer pen set up so that I can tell whos eggs are what and they all have a reason for being under the legbar roo EXCEPT the orphington, kiddo wanted that one, we had two but when I put them out one was killed when it was younger.
so you take a blue egg Roo example my legbar, and put it over a white egg laying leghorn you will get a very light bluegrey egg laying hen.
the legbar roo over marans should be green egg layers and over the wellsumer lighter green layers
and my project birds, crested barred rocks lay a greenish gray blue egg and I put them back under the legbar roo to get a more brighter egg with more blue and I was going to breed back to the F2 Crested Barred Rock at point
so when I collect eggs from all these hens, I know exactly who laid what and all eggs will have some cool egg laying hens hatched out. So I still have my eating eggs and I can sell them should I wish to as well.post #58919 of 1576312/23/16 at 4:02pm
Locked down. Temp stable but therms are wrong. Hygrometers are reading 60 and 70%.Can't wait for Friday. They lost 15% of weight. I didn't mark air cells. One looked too big. One looked too small. The rest were good. I have 12 eggs in lockdown. One was clear. One was early loss. One was late loss. Two of the remaining 12 are too dark for me to see whether they're developed or not. The ten Brabanter and Pavlovskaya-5 each- left are all full of veins and embryos.
Edited by tao chick - 2/23/16 at 4:54pmI'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.post #58920 of 1576312/23/16 at 4:07pm
Very cute! What color is it?
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Which type of Wyandotte are my girls? 1 second ago
- › The last letter Game 11 seconds ago
- › Arizona Chickens 21 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 24 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 38 seconds ago
- › Crossbeak getting picked on? 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Show off your Old English Game Bantams!! 1 minute ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 1 minute ago
- › Hen or Rooster? 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...