Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 5:34 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 6137
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #61362 of 1576312/27/16 at 11:34pmpost #61363 of 1576312/27/16 at 11:42pmpost #61364 of 1576312/27/16 at 11:45pmpost #61365 of 1576312/27/16 at 11:59pmpost #61366 of 1576312/28/16 at 3:02am
Happy lunchtime folks. Birds are really liking my addition of a solid divider to their nest box. I've changed their feed to one with sunflower seed in it, they didn't have our usual feed and this one is apparently more targeted towards laying flocks than the old kind. WE SHALL SEE.
Edit: Also, I'll be buying the Horta red mite killer and I'm still on the fence about that Novital Covatutto 16.
Edited by hippiestink - 2/28/16 at 3:05ampost #61367 of 1576312/28/16 at 4:17amHi all----my chickies need help!
This is my first hatch and I am on day 23. One hatched day 21 and 3 more hatched out. My problem is that the chicks aren't fluffing out. They are dry but crusty and have bits of shell stuck to them! I know now by reading previous posts my humidity in incubator was set too high. (I followed incubator directions!) But what do I do for my little chicks now? I am tempted to wash them off! How can they stay warm in a brooder if they don't fluff out? 😱post #61368 of 1576312/28/16 at 4:27amQuote:I have had this issue with the late hatchers too. They will fluff up in the brooder. Give them a full day, and any spots that are still real sticky try lightly brushing with a dry paper towel before you take any water to their fluff. I've never bathed a chicken before.Originally Posted by ctkling 192
Hi all----my chickies need help!
This is my first hatch and I am on day 23. One hatched day 21 and 3 more hatched out. My problem is that the chicks aren't fluffing out. They are dry but crusty and have bits of shell stuck to them! I know now by reading previous posts my humidity in incubator was set too high. (I followed incubator directions!) But what do I do for my little chicks now? I am tempted to wash them off! How can they stay warm in a brooder if they don't fluff out? 😱I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.post #61369 of 1576312/28/16 at 4:32amGood morning all!post #61370 of 1576312/28/16 at 4:35am
Well played! I guess you got the lights!
Good Morning Everyone!
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!! 28 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 43 seconds ago
- › What did you do in the garden today? 1 minute ago
- › First Duck hatch: Day 29 1 minute ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 1 minute ago
- › Faverolles Thread 1 minute ago
- › The last letter Game 1 minute ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 2 minutes ago
- › Baby duck not doing well 2 minutes ago
- › Integrating a cockerel into a flock of mature hens 2 minutes ago
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.