Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:13 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 9:08 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 619post #6182 of 15763111/30/15 at 3:58pm
Just candled my 17 BPR eggs, and all 17 are alive and well on day 14. YAY!!! I started with 18 and had an early quitter on day 7, but haven't lost one since. I'm hoping all will make it to lockdown...
Edited by Ur-ur-ur-urrr - 11/30/15 at 3:59pm
Jack of all trades... master of none. I know a little about everything... and a lot about nothing. I is what I are...
3 Production Reds - 1 Red Sexlink - 1 Brown Leghorn - 7 Barred Plymouth Rocks - 12 Standard Single Comb Rhode Island Reds - and - 1 Standard Rose Comb Rhode Island Redpost #6183 of 15763111/30/15 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by napdognewfie
All 10 are out! Out of 12, 1 was too porous to set and 1 quit at 1 week.
Hatched at 100F in my trusty old styro from the 80s. Same thermometer that came with it and registers the same as the backup. It is on my kitchen counter.
I just had 100% of my ducks hatch.
Does that count as 100%?
Yeah!! CongratsSwedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #6184 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:01pmQuote:
I'm a day behind you but I have some that will probably start earlySwedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, lavender orpingtons, bantam orpingtons (chocolate, black, mauve, splash), bantam cochins, old english bantams (silver duckwing and self blue), and Seramas!post #6185 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:02pmpost #6186 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:05pmQuote:
Oops... forgot the pics:
I could hear Sally saying it doesn't count without pictures! LOL! Speaking of Sally, has anyone heard from her lately? I hope she's okay...post #6187 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:07pmQuote:
SC did, she's just having a rough day.
Nice pics btw
Edited by WVduckchick - 11/30/15 at 4:08pmpost #6188 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:08pmQuote:
My temp was running a little low the first 5 days, so we may have simultaneous hatches! Wouldn't that be cool???post #6189 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:08pmHere is my information for the notesIncubator:Brinsea Mini AdvancedPersonal: Young pulletEggs: Not until the NYD hatch alongOther: I will be Breeding Seramas starting now, but probably won't have anything for sale until springSerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #6190 of 15763111/30/15 at 4:12pmQuote:
Yep, simultaneous hatches would be awesome
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Lets count to a million 1 minute ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 1 minute ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 2 minutes ago
- › Electric fencing 2 minutes ago
- › Small-time-newbie-chicken-lover in South Africa 2 minutes ago
- › Bisquick, Buttermilk, Snap, and Junior's Chicken Chat Thread!... 2 minutes ago
- › Help me sex my chicken. :) 3 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 3 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 4 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 4 minutes ago
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.