Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 7:38 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 6423post #64221 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:16pm@Sally Sunshine update... 1 marans and 2 Olive eggers are in the bator-in-the-box for lockdown. Gonna try to fix a couple issues that should make the coolerbator run smoother for EHAL.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #64222 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:24pmpost #64223 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:37pmView our barnyard mix - http://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/7045673/our-barnyard-mixed-flock-2015
No heat lamp for baby chicks, check out this thread.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/956958/mama-heating-pad-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-updateView our barnyard mix - http://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/7045673/our-barnyard-mixed-flock-2015
No heat lamp for baby chicks, check out this thread.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/956958/mama-heating-pad-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-updatepost #64224 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:44pmpost #64225 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:54pmInsane.Insane.post #64226 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:56pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Yorkshire coop
I'm unleashing the incubator first thing in the morning Brinsea octagon 20 advance with humidity pump. Eggs should be here in the morning too, ready to be set on Saturday I have pre warned the postie of their arrival and that he must be careful with them or he will be getting a
12 Columbian black tails, 6 bantam black orpington and 6 bantam pekin. Lavender, black mottled or white for the pekin depending on what she had to send today.
First hatch of the year and I'm super exited
YORK!!!! yay how exciting!!! Miss you !!! @Yorkshire coopQuote:Originally Posted by Chaos18
Quote:Originally Posted by MotorcycleChick
My grandfather was a baker. He didn't enter the kitchen in his home. I still believe a man is supposed to be a man, and a woman is a woman. I would prefer to be in a dress most, if not all, of the time. I should not be the one lifting furniture and building things as long as my husband is around and able. I am to cook, clean and raise the children.
Of course that is what I believe. Not what I have lived. Much to my sadness,
Would you believe the neighbors/ 2 aunts and a grandmother taught her to have one? They thought it would be funny.
For that view point I like you even more than I did.
And this is another perfectly good reason why I dislike neighbors. My wife asked me the other day if I would be willing to move into a bigger nicer house, that had a neighbor very close, versus live in our current slightly smaller, slightly older house with no neighbors and lots of property. I told her I'd take the small house on lots of property and no neighbor any day.
looks rooish how old what breed marans?Quote:Originally Posted by NaJoBeLe
Evening all. Been on and off all day trying to stay current on post. Was doing some thinking on the new bator that I will eventually build and wanted opinions on using a few of the cartridge type heating elements. Went to a few different threads but couldn't find anyone using them. Any thoughts or suggestions please.
Nathan: ChickenCanoe some suggestions from earlier......
Incubator incubator heat elements Click HERE
Aluminum PTC Heating Element Thermostat Heater Plate http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B019O0Q26MQuote:Originally Posted by country lovin
@Sally Sunshine update... 1 marans and 2 Olive eggers are in the bator-in-the-box for lockdown. Gonna try to fix a couple issues that should make the coolerbator run smoother for EHAL.
oh!!!!!! gotcha!!! Good Luck !!!!! what up with the cooler?Quote:Originally Posted by COChix
wow!!!post #64227 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:57pmThread Starter
אני כאן היום אני פשוט ממשיך חסר לך כאשר אתה מקבל על! במה דברים באזור שלך של העולם? אתה עדיין גורם לי רעב עם כל האוכל טוב לכם להכין ולאכול! אני יכול סוף סוף לנשום! כשהבן שלך כותרת לתוך הצבא שלכם?post #64228 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:59pm@Sally SunshineI will gladly post pictures as soon as I get to go home and see them. I have been at work since 5:30 this morning. A friend picked them up and took them to the brooder I had ready.
I want to see them toopost #64229 of 1576313/3/16 at 1:59pmThread StarterQuote:
MATT!!! AWESOME NEWS!!!!post #64230 of 1576313/3/16 at 2:00pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by daxigait
@Sally SunshineI will gladly post pictures as soon as I get to go home and see them. I have been at work since 5:30 this morning. A friend picked them up and took them to the brooder I had ready.
I want to see them too
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 1 minute ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 2 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 6 minutes ago
- › The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!! 7 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 16 minutes ago
- › Rooster Complaint. ... 17 minutes ago
- › Getting a new duck 19 minutes ago
- › Hello there! 21 minutes ago
- › Show off your ducks! 26 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 26 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale