Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 2:49 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 6482post #64811 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:52pmO where o where did ms SALLY go.LOLpost #64812 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:52pm
These are the babies that I am going to put in the incubator tomorrow! The top two eggs are regular welsummer color so that shows how dark these are from my phone that takes light colored pictures. I really like these dark color eggs from the hen that laid these.
I cannot wait!post #64813 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:53pm
Will it change anything? I know it's probably a dumb question but this is my first time hatching with an incubator and I don't want to hang ourselves straight out of the gate lol just want to take all the right steps for these little ones! (We have bottled spring water on hand)
Edited by flocktastic - 3/4/16 at 8:55pmpost #64814 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:54pmQuote:
Good night!Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.post #64815 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:55pmQuote:
Night!!Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.post #64816 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:57pmQuote:
LOL... I just use it because I like a cleaner looking container. I am not sure if it even helps as I am still trying to get that noose off of my neck but the gate has already opened...post #64817 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by flocktastic
Sorry to interrupt with my random question - we're setting up our hova bator 1588 and it says to add tap water...I'm not a fan of the tap water in our area (poor quality in these parts) is plain, ok' bottled water ok?
Any other tips with this specific bator? It's been pretty simple so far...I got more eggs today from a local gal too AND sahwithchicks (more to come on that) I'm over the moon - SO EXCITED!!!
I don't add any water at the start. My house runs around 35%. I only add water at lock down. Do you know what your ambient humidity is? I happen to use Reverse Osmosis, only because we have it. I would probably use distilled water.post #64818 of 1576313/4/16 at 8:59pmQuote:
I have a little thermometer/hygrometer i'm putting batteries in right now so I can find out...do you use a 1588 as well? I know it's supposedly fool proof but I'm still going to ask a TON of questions lol (y'all have been warned!) 😂😂😂post #64819 of 1576313/4/16 at 9:07pmpost #64820 of 1576313/4/16 at 9:07pmAlso, if we're planning to put the eggs in tomorrow evening, should I bring them in from our cool, dark garage NOW...I know they're supposed to get to room temp prior to incubation but I've seen everywhere from 8 hours to 24hrs that people say they should sit in the house and come to room temp...
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 13 seconds ago
- › Blooie's Blankie Fort 34 seconds ago
- › Stella's Social Club 51 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › Injured eye 1 minute ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 3 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 3 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 3 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.