Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 6654post #66531 of 1576313/8/16 at 1:38pmFour days till lockdown for goose egg one.post #66532 of 1576313/8/16 at 1:39pmpost #66533 of 1576313/8/16 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by kwhites634
I'm a duckpin man; shorter pins, same ball, I think; never tried candlepins...don't have them here. Tried tenpins for a short while, but never could put any action on the ball; could hear the holes hit the lane on every revolution.
Duckpin bowling is a dying sport. Parts for the pin setters aren't made anymore, so they're pretty much all from other houses that have closed their doors. The sport originated in Baltimore, I believe (there's a picture of Babe Ruth in a Baltimore alley), and spread up into New England in its heyday, but was essentially confined to the northern half of the East coast. Used to be 3 or 4 duckpin houses in this area; I bowl in the only one left
Last time I went Candlepin bowling was in Boston, back in the 70's. But I googled it the other day and found a Candlepin alley not too far from me. I was going to go check it out soon! I'll have to look at Duckpin. It's too bad so many things that we grew up on are disappearing.
Things like Drive in's. All the ones I used to go to are gone. But, I started out on a road trip up north last week. We had a destination of Santa Cruz, but had 4 days to play around with. We got about 150 miles and found one! They were playing a movie we wanted to see, so we stopped for the night. It was so much fun that we think we'll make it a regular trip. There are closer drive ins, but this was in a nice area and it's a fun drive.
I hope you have a great night bowling! Have fun!Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.post #66534 of 1576313/8/16 at 2:16pmpost #66535 of 1576313/8/16 at 2:21pmpost #66536 of 1576313/8/16 at 2:54pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kwhites634
Is he a tree trimmer by profession, or just nuts? He seems to know what he's doing up there. Ain't no way in the world I'd get that far off the ground, with or without a chain saw in my hand!
yes he is or WAS, he is now finishing up his lineman training he is a monkey I have other videos but didnt upload of him swinging on those ropes jumping from area to area and swing jumping drove me insane but I couldnt stop watching him.post #66537 of 1576313/8/16 at 2:57pmpost #66538 of 1576313/8/16 at 2:57pmThread Starter
Muscovy Eggs are cleaned and cuticle scrubbed off with a kitchen scrubby, in bleach solution dried all day and ready to set!post #66539 of 1576313/8/16 at 3:01pmpost #66540 of 1576313/8/16 at 3:03pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY welcome!!! 2 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 2 minutes ago
- › Oregano oil for chickens 3 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sexing polish chick 3 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 4 minutes ago
- › Deer feed plot seed... 5 minutes ago
- › Feeding Oatmeal - Would you consider it "healthy" or "okay" to feed? 7 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please SAy HI 8 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.