Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 6757post #67561 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:04pmI dont know if anyone is uo but we nust candled and nailed it! Most eggs had veins(though we couldnt see a lot of them cuz brown eggs) and the aircells were for the most part the size they should be. Some were a little small though. We are ready for next candle!!Donald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #67562 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:07pmpost #67563 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:08pmpost #67564 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:09pmQuote:They are so cute!
Also lets hope you get a great turnout for the EHAL!Donald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #67565 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:10pmQuote:
Great job I love candling too ! Even tho I am still a real noob!post #67566 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:11pmpost #67567 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:13pmQuote:
I am not a good one to answer humidity questions since I live in the high desert and I kinda wing it the 10 from last hatch the humidity only got to 55 the last 3 dayspost #67568 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:14pmpost #67569 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:16pmpost #67570 of 1576313/10/16 at 11:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by daxigait
If a chick has one leg straight out behind/side it is that splayed leg? Do I tie the legs together? This chick is over a week old and I have not seen this.
Hi Daxigait! I'm not sure of the answer to this. The one that I had like that, I hobbled it's legs and it just lay there, didn't want to get up.. I could stand it up and it would waddle around, then fall over and lay there. But,it did seem to help bring that leg in. Problem was there was WAY more wrong with this chick then just it's leg, so I ended up culling it after it appeared it had a stroke of some sort.
The video I saw of someone hobbling a chick like that used a tiny bit of a drinking straw and a tiny rubber band. Just enough of the straw to fit between the legs, then feed the rubber band through the straw, hooked one loop on one leg and the other hood on the other leg with the straw inbetween. That seemed like it would work great. I didn't have any straws or rubber bands, so I used band aids.
I hope somene with more experience answers you!Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.Mom to a BEAUTIFUL little girl, 1 dog, 2 cats, LOTS of fish and an ever growing chicken flock. Laying hens - 3 RIR, 3 BSL, 3 EE, 2 Delaware, 2 BR and 1 backyard EE mix. 6 wk old babies - 1 NHR, 1 BO (Maybe a Roo), 1 Dominique, 1 BA, 5 EE girls, and 1 EE boy. Breeding silkies 3 white hens, 1 blue/grey hen, 1 black roo. Tiny chicks too many to count.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Help!!! I'm new and need advice on my coop 1 minute ago
- › Topic of the Week - Dogs and chickens 3 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 3 minutes ago
- › Knee Replacement? Please share your experiences. 4 minutes ago
- › Lethargic head shaking chicken 4 minutes ago
- › Dog Killing Cats... 5 minutes ago
- › My leukemia's back. 5 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 6 minutes ago
- › I love my Sulmtalers. <3 8 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 8 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.
- › Don't Know Where To Find/Ask/Post...
- › A Flock Tale