- Gone quackers
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 7170post #71691 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:44amWhy do I hear crickets? No one has been on in six hours?CoffeeCoffeepost #71692 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:45ampost #71693 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Fire Ant Farm
I caught one of my Naked Neck pullets doing that...
I've been there - solo chick crying all night long. Get a hand mirror and put it up against the side of the brooder - so it won't fall (with the mirror part extending to the bottom of the brooder). My Paula quieted down and would sit right up against it like it was her little friend. Got me through until her new friends came the following week.
Came home a little early from work to get more done on the next tractor for the little CLs (who are SOOOOO ready to move outside!). Started raining just as it was getting dark - managed to get all the tools in before any got wet.
Have I mentioned lately how much I adore my work boots?! Ariat Work Hogs, of course!
The roof over the mudroom where the brooders are is metal, so it's a little loud with the rain we are having tonight. I reassured the babies at first, and then went to go check on them again a few minutes ago. Apparently they are no longer afraid, but still can't sleep with the noise, so they are telling sweet little chickie bedtime stories to each other.
I've been enjoying the "fruits" of my winery trip last week while catching up.
About to face plant - gotta get some Zzzzz's so I can get some good work done finishing the tractor tomorrow. (Then, I'll need to immediately start tractor #3... )
- Ant Farm
I is here, just hiding from ant farm.post #71694 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:50ampost #71695 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:51am
Good Morning Everyone!post #71696 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:52ampost #71697 of 1576313/19/16 at 4:53amQuote:
Hi Banti!post #71698 of 1576313/19/16 at 5:07ampost #71699 of 1576313/19/16 at 5:08ampost #71700 of 1576313/19/16 at 5:13am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1630 Active Users (196 Members and 1434 Guests)
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 8 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 27 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 30 seconds ago
- › help! my chick is dying! 53 seconds ago
- › Silkie thread! 1 minute ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Brinsea Products, the Incubation Specialists, celebrate 40 years of... 3 minutes ago
- › Telling birds apart 3 minutes ago
- › Long time reader, first time poster! 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~