Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 7223
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #72222 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:34am
Not really.... I was suspicious as soon as I opened the box, because he was almost completely white.He is only a few days old now.....
Ahhhhh!!! Lots of ducks!
I wuv the ducks with a kitty in the middle.
Edited by BantyChooks - 3/20/16 at 5:36ampost #72223 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:34amAnd we have a favorite.... This lil RSL gal (yes, I can tell them apart) is SO tame.
She comes right out from under the MHP and jumps on my hand.post #72224 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:36ampost #72225 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:36ampost #72226 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:36amQuote:
YESSS.post #72227 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:37ampost #72228 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:43amQuote:I understand. My duck plan is pretty weak. I have two little pond liner things that I'd have to put in the ground somewhere and build a coop/run around that area. We free range right now but I'd have to consider fencing I guess.Originally Posted by BantyChooks
Nope....... I still won't be getting ducks too soon, I want then in a seperate coop but might build a door in the run so they can share the same area. Or fence off 1/3 of the run. Or build another from scratch. I have a lot of things to work out...... And I'll learn more about them while I wait!
I don't want to jump in too fast....
Edited by tao chick - 3/20/16 at 5:44amI'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.post #72229 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:43ampost #72230 of 1576313/20/16 at 5:46amI'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1654 Active Users (199 Members and 1455 Guests)
- › How to best deal with backyard chickens in the cold weather??? 3 seconds ago
- › The last letter Game 31 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 51 seconds ago
- › October 2016 Hatch-A-Long!! 1 minute ago
- › Winter care for my Muscovy and Indian runner mix 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › Chickens not laying eggs for long time 2 minutes ago
- › Anime Chat Thread 2016! All Are Welcome! 2 minutes ago
- › The Q&A Game! 2 minutes ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~