Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:03 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 12:23 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 7466post #74651 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:30amAlso i have to go to bed and the chick is still wet... could i put food and water in there for it so it doesnt dehydrate/starve while im sleeping?Donald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #74652 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:34amQuote:
Is it sticky and that is what makes it look wet?post #74653 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:36amQuote:
If there isn't anymore eggs to hatch food and water would be ok. Just be sure water container does not allow room for chick to drown. I've lost one that way and it's not fun.post #74654 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:39amDonald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #74655 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:40amQuote:What would be an example of a waterer i could use?
Edited by lozerface79 - 3/25/16 at 4:40amDonald trump 2016Donald trump 2016post #74656 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:44am
Small bowl of water with marbles in it enough to allow water for chick but not allow chick to accidentally get in the bowl. If it's an active chick you'll have less problems with drowning. Mine had just hatched late with others in incubator and could not get head out of bowl. Lesson learned.
Edited by Pensmaster - 3/25/16 at 4:45ampost #74657 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:48ampost #74658 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:49ampost #74659 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:50ampost #74660 of 1576313/25/16 at 4:50am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1261 Active Users (174 Members and 1087 Guests)
- › Yolk? Hernia? Safe to cut? 30 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 37 seconds ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 37 seconds ago
- › Chain link dog kennel for chicken run enclosure ? 51 seconds ago
- › Child At Heart, Monster By Nature (A Shape Shifting RP) 1 minute ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 2 minutes ago
- › Cedric the Rooster can't walk HELP, what else can I do? what... 2 minutes ago
- › Kaye's free range turkey thread 2 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 3 minutes ago
- › New to chickens, new to forum! 3 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.