- Gone quackers
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 10:44 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 8:42 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 7484
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #74832 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:05am
Here!post #74833 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:11ampost #74834 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:13ampost #74835 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:16amThread Starter
DONATIONS WILL BE NEEDED FOR CONTESTS!
No item too small! We can always have smaller items for 2nd /3rd places!
Hatching Egg Donations, Fowl items new/used in good shape, BYC GFM's, Amazon Gift Cert, BYC Certs, etc all great items to donate! What some of us do is purchase an item from Amazon and send it directly to the winner, just make sure they have plenty of the item in stock, example chicken rooster fowl mugs are always cool!
"Share a Laugh"
Random Posting Contest Thread
"Springing in the Chicks"
Hosted by Mike & Sally
6 Copper Marans Hatching Eggs -
Donated by @Laurel Meadows
Corn Salt and Pepper Shakers -
Donated by @Cynthia12
Donated by @canadachickens
Donated by @Chaos18
Here are a few of the initial upgrades you’ll get as a Gold Feather Member:
1. Double PM storage space
2. 10 Times more image storage space on BYC’s servers
3. A new title: Golden Feather Member
4. or The ability to choose your own custom title
5. Your username highlighted on the BYC Forum index and within forum threads.
6. First peek at new features and specials before we roll them out to the rest of the members.
7. Access to a private forum to discuss new features and specials.
For a list of all the upgrades, please visit the Membership Benefits Page
Pier 1 Chicken Apron -
Donated by @campingshaws
donated by @flocktastic
If you have not joined the “Springing in the Chicks”
2016 Hatch-a-Long Please Join us here...
NEW COOL CONTESTS!
“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE
“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE
Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE
Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE
Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HEREpost #74836 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Jessimom
Here is my update
Jessimom aka Kathy Of the 22 eggs set on 3/2, 19 made it to lockdown - 6 silkies/sizzle/frilkie hatched along with 2 Crested Cream Legbars 15 Blue Bantam EE's (Thanks TJ), 16 Spitzhauben eggs (Thanks Crazytalk) and 4 of my own silkie eggs should have gone in to lockdown for the Easter HAL, but I dropped one -- it bled out chirping the whole time....grrr.. Hardwood floors do not make for a soft landing. As of this morning (day 20), we have 3 bantam EEs chicks, 3 Spizhauben pips along with 2 bantam EE piips. I have 19 eggs I'm hatching for a friend on day 13 I also have 13 Salmon Favorelles and 13 of my own silkies on day 9. I have 6 EE and 6 backyard mix plus 10 Blue/Buff Cochin eggs ready to go into the next free incubator.
Good morning everyone!! I love all the hatching photos! Go chickies go!!post #74837 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:36ampost #74838 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:43amQuote:
Mine is boring... I moved here, and my neighbor had chickens... I loved the eggs, and started considering getting my own. I did a few month trial run, and then I bought the coop & chickens. Than I got more chicks, and here I am now!post #74839 of 1576313/25/16 at 10:43am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 3 seconds ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 38 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 58 seconds ago
- › Egglaying Age? 1 minute ago
- › CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? ... 2 minutes ago
- › Finish this sentence: "You know you're addicted to chickens when..." 3 minutes ago
- › Bantam Ducks - Where can I get them? 3 minutes ago
- › How long to leave hen in broody breaker... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing new pullets to an existing flock of 4 hens w/limited... 3 minutes ago
- › Hens cold weather roosting 5 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page