Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:14 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 5:34 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 7547post #75462 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:04ampost #75463 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:04amQuote:it's under a broody.Originally Posted by ChickenCanoe
Why does it have to make noise?
If it moves, it's alive. Nothing to worry about. And if there were something to worry about, it's too late to do anything about it.
The time to worry is early on keeping the temperature and humidity correct. Also keeping the incubator closed and keeping your hands out of it. After that just let nature take it's course.
Set it and forget it. No wonder you don't have time to have a job.
That's helpful. I try to keep it as simple as possible. They are Continuing Education classes so too much detail isn't warranted.
On the subject of light, I might add a few things. In addition to the day vs. night thing stimulating production, chickens don't have to see the light. Blind chickens can also detect a change in day length. Light penetrating the skull is still detected by the pineal gland.
Leave it alone. A wafer is either on or off. Sending power to the heat element or not. The temp will rise till the wafer opens. Then it will cool a bit before it closes again. For that reason, it's impossible for it to remain a steady temperature.
The internal egg temperature will be more steady.
IMO, you mess with the incubator too much.
The weather has been nothing short of amazing the last month. I pray we don't get an April freeze. The blossoms have fallen off most of the fruit trees already.post #75464 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:05ampost #75465 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:11amGood morning everyone! Happy Easter!
-Kathypost #75466 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:36ampost #75467 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:46amQuote:Hi, Happy Easter to you too. I am glad you are OK as I had not seen you post for a whileOriginally Posted by fire370
Happy Easter everybody. It has been so nice here and with the time change, working until 9-10 pm every day. So needless to say, haven't been on too much. All this beautiful weather and then we wake up to 4" of snow this morning. Right now I'll take any moisture I can get but would have rather had a nice soaking 1 or 2 inch rain. Was planning on working most of the day until the family comes over later this afternoon but I think I'm quite content to feed and call it a day.
Hope everybody has a great Easter Day.post #75468 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:48ampost #75469 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:51amGood morning and happy Easter to everybody! Church is out, and I have an hour and a half to drive to go get my heritage line RIR chicks. I am excited. These should be my last additions for now unless I get a couple Sapphires. Pictures later
Edited by daxigait - 3/27/16 at 8:52ampost #75470 of 1576313/27/16 at 8:53am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1495 Active Users (151 Members and 1344 Guests)
- › Sooo exciting ! 58 seconds ago
- › Large comb on chick? what does it mean 1 minute ago
- › New from Idaho 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › *In the Arctic* A Fox RP 1 minute ago
- › Anime Chat Thread 2016! All Are Welcome! 2 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 2 minutes ago
- › Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.