Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:08 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 2:49 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
We got 5 BO chicks when we first started out, two of which turned out to be roos, one of which is still alive and he is amazing. Super gentle, especially with younger hens, and is only a little -...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
I love my brahmas. My three buff brahmas are BBF's - constantly hanging out - ALL. DAY. LONG. They were raised by a broody hen and are still quite happy to come up and sit in your lap. My light...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 8129post #81282 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:34pmQuote:
I'm so sorry for your loss.post #81283 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:37pmQuote:wow. Nice, I have been working on one that is not as neat or big. I am using a lot of scrounged and scrap wood. Mine is a small non person access 8x8 though the base is 8x10 and will be covered. I am going to make a run that I can move back and forth from the West to the south and latch to the coop. The back will hinge open for poop board cleaning, the side will hinge for total sweep, I plan a couple of windows, several best boxes that can be accessed from the outside and a covered corner where I can put foot and water in without entering the coop or run. The biggest problem will be if I need a bird when it is not on the roost, but that is not that common.Originally Posted by Ur-ur-ur-urrr
I've been a little busy the past few days. After getting limbs cut off of the pecan tree, I did all the cleanup and cutting up of a 5'x10' trailer-load of smoker wood. Even helped load it. Today I started construction of the new coop. After setting the posts and caps, I was surprised at how large a 12'x16' building is. Not only that, it's 9'3" from the top of the wall to the ground, which should allow me to have a 3' space underneath the entire building and still have 6' clearance inside. This shaded area will come in handy during the middle of summer. I'm going to double-check the posts in the morning to make sure everything is square, then mix some QuickCrete and fill the post holes. It's not much to look at right now, but this is it so far...
I hope you got further than me.post #81284 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:38pmpost #81285 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:41pmThread StarterQuote:
aswwwww so sorry MCQuote:
I locked down last night!!!! go babies!!Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by LocalYokel
Predators like coons aint got no problems opening these???
We do use carabiners on gates and some runspost #81286 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:42pmThread Starterpost #81287 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:42pm@sally sunshine has anyone timed the light on/off cycle for their incubator? Just curious, I know ambient room temperature affects this. I'm wondering how much?
live grow and learn.
live grow and learn.post #81288 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:42pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by attimus
@sally sunshine has anyone timed the light on/off cycle for their incubator? Just curious, I know ambient room temperature affects this. I'm wondering how much?
nopepost #81289 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:43pmpost #81290 of 1576314/10/16 at 6:44pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 9 seconds ago
- › Integrating a cockerel into a flock of mature hens 1 minute ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Southern Utah! 1 minute ago
- › New Member in El Paso, TX 1 minute ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 1 minute ago
- › Hello from Jeep Chick! 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 2 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Orpington by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Silver Appleyard by hooktontravel
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.