Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 9:21 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 8235
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #82342 of 1576314/13/16 at 8:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Akrnaf2Quote:
I know, but this one was sadder because she's one that someone had tossed over the fence and she was the friendliest of of the flock.
-Kathypost #82343 of 1576314/13/16 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Akrnaf2Quote:What is it? A lashe egg os sone kind?Originally Posted by casportponyQuote:I found this in her abdominal cavity:
That's what it looks like, but it was in the abdominal cavity.
-Kathypost #82344 of 1576314/13/16 at 8:41amQuote:Here's to a dead fox!Originally Posted by howfunkyisurchicken
I've been MIA for a bit. We've had a bit of a fox problem around here lately. Its taken two of my beautiful Sizzle roos I almost had it this morning. I saw the chickens freaking out in the run, grabbed the gun and went out one door. And my husband went our another door and let the dogs out at the same time Dogs ran it off before I had a chance to shoot the stupid thing. It'll be back, I'm sure. Ugh.
I should have some chicken eggs hatching today, maybe. They're in an LG 9300, and that thing is a terrible incubator. We'll see. Emu eggs are still wiggling and I'm still waiting for hatch day to comepost #82345 of 1576314/13/16 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by deserteggs22
I HAVE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS AND SOME BAD NEWS
GOOD NEWS 😆😆
MY NEW INCUBATOR ARRIVED!!!!
My one and only silkie chick from the Easter HAL died last night. I think it died because when it hatched, it's bum hole was inside out and that caused it to get poopy butt all the time.
Sorry about your chick. Congrats on the Brinsea.
-Kathypost #82346 of 1576314/13/16 at 8:47ampost #82347 of 1576314/13/16 at 8:47amQuote:
That is scary!
-Kathypost #82348 of 1576314/13/16 at 9:00am@lazy gardener. On your lockdowned shipped eggs.
@wabbit1964Nice chick, good luck on the rest. What are they?
@LittleLakePhilGood luck fishing. May you catch some good ones and have some peace. Praying for you and your wife.
@Ur-ur-ur-urrrWhen do you get to candle?
@MotorcycleChickI have two young boys making noises too. The theory is that they are crow attempts. I agree it is funny. When are you going to the funeral? BTW are you sure it is coffee she drank to sleep so soundly
@JessimomAny news? Are the rest still well?
@ChickenCanoeGood luck with the hive . Yummy fresh clover honey.
@canadachickens How is physio going today?
@DwayneNLizNice! Good luck with the hatch.
@casportponySorry about your hen. I need to go read about that cause of death. At least the piggies are easy to diagnose if sad.
@kwhites634Good luck with the mower. I can't help. Do you want to do mine next?
Edited by daxigait - 4/13/16 at 9:03ampost #82349 of 1576314/13/16 at 9:01ampost #82350 of 1576314/13/16 at 9:03am
I read on some thread awhile back to stick lipstick in their vents, don't really want to get that personal with them but maybe someday i'll give it a whirlQuote:Originally Posted by MotorcycleChick
I like then about the same. One scares me because he would never mean what he thinks he means. Ditto for the other. Just with an additional qualm.
I can't remember all that you were responding to, but Chaos had it a little off. I am a bear for reasons you guys may not be thinking about, and he might have needed to explain, but I am not brave enough to explain anymore.
Go ahead and slap me. I am used to it.
If you were to meet me, you would be confused by the difference. Online people aren't real. Sometimes they are better. Sometimes they are worse. I am both.
I scream, "Hi!" and wave at stop lights.
As I said before, you can't straighten out something that is already straight.
To the "unfair" crier several have quoted. My 3 young nephews and niece lost their father Sunday to the flu! THAT isn't fair! There will be no graduations with Daddy in the stands. There will be no Daddy walking his baby girl down the isle. THAT is not fair! Their house is sold, and they have six weeks to find another one because my sister can't afford the house they were supposed to move into. THAT is not fair!
I wouldn't ever slap you, you just don't see yourself as we see you,
i live in a tiny town that EVERYONE waves to EVERYONE, but it is super fun to wave and smile at strangers lol
the only reason i havent replied to this crier is that i have a VERY hard time censoring myself, but i agree with this point completely. get over it, Hugs and prayers for you family stillQuote:
I did speech classes, my mom is from Brockton, MA and my dad is s a born and bred new hampshirite, i still get made fun of sometimes and pick up so many other people accents its not funny
ohhh @MotorcyleChick what have you done !LOL!
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › FACE PAINTING CONTEST- Halloween Hatch-a-long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike,... 1 second ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 6 seconds ago
- › The Pita Pinta Asturiana 26 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 40 seconds ago
- › 2 y o sexlink not laying 1 minute ago
- › Pigeon and Dove Q&A and Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › Weird Eggs: Share if You Got 'Em? 3 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 3 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.