Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 9116
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #91152 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:07pmpost #91153 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:07pmpost #91154 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:14pmpost #91155 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:14pm
Waaaaaaay behind (>3000 posts!). No way I can do a read back.
Update: EHAL babies FINALLY went outside last Sunday, and are doing well (slowly learning to roost - I still have to put about half of them up there each night).
Older babies doing well (and the boys are heading for the freezer soon, hormonal jerks that they are).
I had my first broody experience. Lissa, one of my Cream Legbars, went enthusiastically broody on her first birthday.
Here she is determinedly trying to hatch a couple of frozen water bottles:
It eventually worked after a couple days (switching out bottles as they thawed) - this evening she was off the nest, looking/doing well, eating, drinking, etc. To be sure I picked her up, and she felt cooler and didn't growl at me. So I carried her around with her belly airing out, then we finally sat and watched the babies from outside their tractor. This is not one of my most friendly/cuddly girls normally, but she was so mellow this evening. I blew on her belly a bit just to be sure. I think she liked it...
Alrighty, I may be off to bed again in a minute, but just wanted to post an update.
- Ant Farm
@Sally Sunshine - forgot to tag Sally for hatched-babies-growing-up photos...
Edited by Fire Ant Farm - 5/7/16 at 5:37ampost #91156 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:17pmpost #91157 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:18pmpost #91158 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:21pmQuote:
You mentioned it this morning.
If you say so. I am only here because the person that started it asked me to be.
Are you asleep yet? How about now? Now?CoffeeCoffeepost #91159 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:23pmpost #91160 of 1576315/5/16 at 8:23pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 23 seconds ago
- › Adult & Kids Costume Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 33 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 46 seconds ago
- › Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lots of feathers??? 1 minute ago
- › Baby has a fever :( First time chick mom 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 2 minutes ago
- › Outdoor Quail Cages (Big) 2 minutes ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 2 minutes ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 2 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page