Y'all can put my name at the top of the "STUPID ROOKIE MISTAKES" list, in red size 70 type. I screwed up so bad even I don't believe it!
I went back to see if I could come up with something that would let me get a decent pic to post for you guys. I found one of my original DIY candlers that had a hole just the right size to support an egg w/o me having to try to balance an egg in my hand with the "good" candler on top while I tried to get a picture.
The 1st egg I re-candled happened to have an air cell the same size as the "business end" of the candler, so that I couldn't see it. All I could see was a large open space about halfway down the shell to the dark mass taking up the remainder of the shell. I mistook all that open space for air cell! I ended up candling every egg again, finding the same thing in all but a few, where the actual air cell was either not quite centered or was a bit larger. I even detected distinct movement in one of them.
Man! Did I ever feel foolish!
O.K, y'all can stop laughing now. I'm going to bed.
I wouldn't laugh! Glad they are okay!