Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 7:28 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 9886
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #98852 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:06pm
Awww! You can have one of mine! There hasn't been a mean one in generations!
Honestly? Ummmmm. No. I might OD on pain killers.
It didn't help that Duckling was clingy this evening. She was too tired for me to keep telling her no. And I had to put her to bed twice because she couldn't calm down. Poor kid! [/quote]x3post #98853 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:09pmpost #98854 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:10pmpost #98855 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:12pmQuote:
What is an overdose according to directions?
-Kathypost #98856 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:14pmpost #98857 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:14pmpost #98858 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:16pmpost #98859 of 1576315/19/16 at 6:18pmJust thought I heard an owl nope my big rooster is outside howling... He's getting a no crow collar tomorrow for his own good seriously no more of this!
Still half the eggs are out and half in... I want to pull out the 11 chicks and get them settled and add moisture and then I want to go back and pull the shells and get the eggs that are all shoved together now into the corner with shells over them > but I also really don't want to do any of that because I don't want to open it because the humidity keeps dropping anyway... Err I don't want to needlessly murder 1/2 the chicks!! Any suggestions... I feel like usually I have it higher and I pull them in groups of 6 or don't hatch more than a dozen or so together. On other news I almost mixed up all my eggs in the other incubator but they still look good lol. My sideways air cell chick I'm guessing I don't know if anyone remembers the off air cell I was moaning about last week but it seems to be zipping at a very strange angle he might need surgery of sorts if he's viable because he's been at it for hours... I will have to think about that too... Err I really am likely going to have to open this thing up soon... And at some point mid day tomorrow clean the hatcher and put in the other eggs... I'm silly
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1707 Active Users (175 Members and 1532 Guests)
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 19 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 28 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 40 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 42 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 42 seconds ago
- › Two hens suddenly roosting in the run at night. 55 seconds ago
- › Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens 1 minute ago
- › FOWL Pumpkin Eating Photo Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms