Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 996
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9952 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:02pmThread Starter
I'm 100% sure its the extra percent that it wasn'tpost #9953 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Pete I am just messin with ya dont get mad at mepost #9954 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:08pmI just went to talk with my neighbor, she had some chickens killed by killer dogs yesterday. Now she has 3 hens and 5-6 roosters, yay for straight run. Only hens got killed!!
I am so tired of stray dogs!!!!!! She offered me the remaining hens and is gonna stew the roosters, exept for the pet one.
The only hitch is.... If I take the hens ad possibly a bantie roo for breeding, than that's 4 less chicks I can hatch next spring. They have lice, which I just finished treating mine for. I would dust them before bringing them over and still quarantine. I'm trying to decide... They are nice chickens!post #9955 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:17pm
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greeting
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #9956 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:17pmQuote:
Isn't that expeted wth chickens? Seems more powerful than Murphy's law.....
When you want a roo, you get a hen, when you want a hen, you get a roo, if ittis a rare breed you are hatching all will die and the mutts you really didnt want have a 100% hatch rate.
Side note.... My neighbor is letting me borrow her styrobator!!!! (Still not hatching till spring, despite getting 2 more blue eggs)
Edited by BantyChooks - 12/8/15 at 2:19pmpost #9957 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:20pmpost #9958 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:22pmpost #9959 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:23pmNaw sally your all good. I got distracted by youtube. I really need to get stuff done. I have a 4-H meeting at 6:30. I need to make food for it because it is a potluck. but then again... Baking group is making dessert. YummySerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #9960 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:26pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › I need advice please 3 minutes ago
- › cold dead chicks - can I bring them back? 13 minutes ago
- › DUCKs! Anconas, Muscovy, Calls and Silkie Ducks 14 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 16 minutes ago
- › My Broody Hen and Lice/Mites 23 minutes ago
- › Hi everyone! Question on our Roosters behavior 23 minutes ago
- › Newbie Duck Owner! 25 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 29 minutes ago
- › mesite and seedsnipe 30 minutes ago
- › What is "good coop ventilation" for the winter months mean? 31 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page