Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 996
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9952 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:02pmThread Starter
I'm 100% sure its the extra percent that it wasn'tpost #9953 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:04pmThread Starter
Pete I am just messin with ya dont get mad at mepost #9954 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:08pmI just went to talk with my neighbor, she had some chickens killed by killer dogs yesterday. Now she has 3 hens and 5-6 roosters, yay for straight run. Only hens got killed!!
I am so tired of stray dogs!!!!!! She offered me the remaining hens and is gonna stew the roosters, exept for the pet one.
The only hitch is.... If I take the hens ad possibly a bantie roo for breeding, than that's 4 less chicks I can hatch next spring. They have lice, which I just finished treating mine for. I would dust them before bringing them over and still quarantine. I'm trying to decide... They are nice chickens!post #9955 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:17pm
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greeting
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #9956 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:17pmQuote:
Isn't that expeted wth chickens? Seems more powerful than Murphy's law.....
When you want a roo, you get a hen, when you want a hen, you get a roo, if ittis a rare breed you are hatching all will die and the mutts you really didnt want have a 100% hatch rate.
Side note.... My neighbor is letting me borrow her styrobator!!!! (Still not hatching till spring, despite getting 2 more blue eggs)
Edited by BantyChooks - 12/8/15 at 2:19pmpost #9957 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:20pmpost #9958 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:22pmpost #9959 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:23pmNaw sally your all good. I got distracted by youtube. I really need to get stuff done. I have a 4-H meeting at 6:30. I need to make food for it because it is a potluck. but then again... Baking group is making dessert. YummySerama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!Serama lover~ My birds; 2 class A serama pullets, one of them Silkied, 3 smooth serama rooster, and two black Austrolorp hens Pm Me if you want a serama Cockerel!post #9960 of 15763112/8/15 at 2:26pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › Broody Hen Thread! 36 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 1 minute ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 1 minute ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 2 minutes ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 2 minutes ago
- › Duck Cam in the Coop. 3 minutes ago
- › Are 12 week old puletts old enough for cold weather in coop? 3 minutes ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 4 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 4 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 6 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.