The kids were going to leave for Denver tomorrow but have decided to wait until Sunday after the Zambonis have had more time to polish the ice on the roads. <sigh> Katie is going to stay here with us instead of going with them. The original plan was for her to go along just in case the weather went sour and they got delayed there over Christmas, or in case there was a revision surgery on Kendra's Mace, (or both) but Kenny wisely decided that with the decidedly nasty change in weather now he'd rather have to just worry about one of the girls instead of both of them. I would much prefer NONE of them went, but it can't be helped. The car and the room are paid for, and both are non-refundable. Then there's the issue of how hard it is to get all of Kendra's specialist visits scheduled all at once, and this time she'll have every one of them over the 3 days of appointments. So, they are between a rock and a hard place. Katie is, of course, delighted that she'll be spending time with us instead of spending hours and hours in the car, long days in hospital waiting rooms and long nights in a hotel room, followed by hours and hours in the car!
Right now it's snowing so hard I can't see the kid's house across the street. Billings has cancelled practically everything and Kenny has to go up there to pick up the car. <sigh> They absolutely don't trust their van to make the trip (I barely trust it to go to town!) so Kenny always rents a newer mini-van that can accommodate Kendra's chair and medical supplies plus all of them and their stuff. Cheaper than flying. Someday they'll be able to get a new car, ideally one set up for wheelchairs, but that won't likely happen until somebody in the family wins the lottery. We're all going to be nervous wrecks until they get home, I'll tell you that! The video here doesn't always play, but it's just file footage anyway...the story is the big thing. This storm is for their entire route. <sigh> If you could pray for their safety I'd sure appreciate it!