Honey should not be given to neonatal or young animals. It contains a level of botulism that can be tolerated by adults but not infants with immature immune systems. This is the same reason you should not give honey to human infants.
Additionally, vitamin D in an animal that does not need it can cause a host of calcium regulation issues, all of which would play havoc on a developing animal. If a puppy or litter is sick, one should not play around with home remedies and should take the animal to the vet sooner rather than later IMO.
I've given this to many animals countless times and it has worked for me, some people just cannot afford to go to the vet, also vets don't always work I know from personal experience.
In fact I've saved lives before by giving them a mix of vitamins, vitamins are natural it would take a ton to even remotely come close to toxic levels, in fact I myself take mega doses daily.
Edited by iluvmypetz - 11/28/15 at 1:51pm