well the first chicks have started to hatch from the new incubator. It wasn't a good batch to run a incubator test but a neighbor heard I needed eggs for a test and was kind enough to drop some off.
The eggs had been refrigerated and were ice cold so I wasn't to hopeful but I thought there was nothing to loss by trying. 55 eggs, 25 had cracks due to refrigerator so they were not used. Day 10 I removed 6 non fertile. Day 13 I removed 2 early quitters, Day 18 I had to move some to the hatcher as they are internally piping (smaller eggs probably bantam ).
I have 6 chicks in the brooder so far and others that are piping now (day 21). Only one looks to be a late quitter so far. From the markings I wrote on the eggs there doesn't seem to be any pattern to hatch date or quitters but I will have to do a real test in the future. One great thing is the chicks are a complete mix of all sorts so every one is a surprise.
only thing to note about the incubator is that it uses a lot of water compared to the smaller wine cooler incubators I have built in the past. im guessing that the chamber is not air tight. The light in the back was annoying (turning on and off) but after a few days I didn't even notice it anymore.