BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › Surviving Minnesota!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Surviving Minnesota! - Page 1729

post #17281 of 22772
Thread Starter 

https://www.facebook.com/robisonfamilyfarm/videos/1809787112592648/

 

Okay.  And I wish I had a chicken more like this. 

post #17282 of 22772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogtown Chick View Post

https://www.facebook.com/robisonfamilyfarm/videos/1809787112592648/

Okay.  And I wish I had a chicken more like this. 


I want that chicken. My mouser became an eagle snack a couple summers back.
post #17283 of 22772

Ralphie, you got the Spitzhaubens quite late as I recall, and that may be part or the reason you have not had eggs from them yet?  They are purportedly good layers of medium eggs?  So hopefully that will prove the case once they start to lay.

 

The title of this thread I find quite appropriate today.  I just came in from chores and the wind is really brutal as is the wind chill.  Anything which survives this is very healthy to start with.

 

Jerry, there is ice forming on the lakes and I think your fishing license may still be valid.  So you can come up and catch some of those cold water Walleyes and Crappies.

post #17284 of 22772
Thread Starter 

This is for you Ed.

 

'THE CHICKENS ARE FED!'

post #17285 of 22772
Thread Starter 

I've heard a few rumors that the lakes are finally froze over.  You would think so. 

 

I imagine the 4 wheelers will be running soon if not already.

post #17286 of 22772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb3810 View Post
 

Ralphie, you got the Spitzhaubens quite late as I recall, and that may be part or the reason you have not had eggs from them yet?  They are purportedly good layers of medium eggs?  So hopefully that will prove the case once they start to lay.

 

The title of this thread I find quite appropriate today.  I just came in from chores and the wind is really brutal as is the wind chill.  Anything which survives this is very healthy to start with.

 

Jerry, there is ice forming on the lakes and I think your fishing license may still be valid.  So you can come up and catch some of those cold water Walleyes and Crappies.

 

 

The appletinii's are about 6 months old, but it is not all that uncommon in my VAST experience as a chicken Wrangler to have late pullets wait until spring to lay.

 

 

Jerry, I think you can drive right across the lake now, if you hit the lake really fast and don't let up until you get to the other shore..:ep

post #17287 of 22772
 
 
Image may contain: meme and text
Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.
Reply
Charter member of the Ameraucana Alliance. Helped develop the breed.
Reply
post #17288 of 22772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogtown Chick View Post
 

This is for you Ed.

 

'THE CHICKENS ARE FED!'

 

That's hilarious! And true. So true.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

Feathers everywhere!
Reply
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

Feathers everywhere!
Reply
post #17289 of 22772
How's this for a wacky forecast:

Saturday our high will be 71, the it drops over 40 degrees and our high Sunday will be 30.
post #17290 of 22772
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis View Post

How's this for a wacky forecast:

Saturday our high will be 71, the it drops over 40 degrees and our high Sunday will be 30.


Wow you will be about 90 degrees warmer than us!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › Surviving Minnesota!